SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang,

I was looking at purchasing the black - black & gold pioneer fastback mustang & was wondering about the front spoiler. Is it screwed in like the scaley camaro's or glued on? I love the look of this car but that front spoiler does not do much for me! I'd like to remove it as long as I wouldn't cause any damage to the body. Anyone know?

Thanks,
Papajon

· Premium Member
5,599 Posts
The front spoiler is glud by two very tiny pins and comes off in the 1st accident (at least all the one's Ive raced have)

Otherwise the far is fantastic for a stock car and well recommended :)

· Premium Member
513 Posts
Wraith is correct inasmuch as it is a very delicate fixing. This has been revised for future models.

In fact, the spoiler is held in place by two heat stakes. A quick dab with a hot iron will loosen this off and you can withdraw the spoiler. All that will be left is two tiny holes in the front valance.

Jules

· Registered
299 Posts
I have the #23 and the #38 black and gold Mustangs, and one has lost its spoiler already (I bought them last Saturday), the other hasn't so I might follow Jules' instructions and remove it.

As Wraith posted, they're great cars, highly recommended.

· Registered
2,085 Posts
The spoiler on the Scaly Camaro is a good fit. The holes on the Scaly spoiler line up pefectly with the Mustang body mount holes. Just need to grind a little bit of plastic away to clear the Pioneer boss for the guide. Lot stronger and looks the part. Is this the "fix" youve gone with Jules??

cheers
rick1776

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the answers guys! I like that idea with the scaley spoiler, may have to try it! I ended up purchasing the twinpack & have a extra camaro spoiler waiting for somwhere to go, a smaller black spoiler on the gold stang should look sweet!

papajon

· Premium Member
5,599 Posts
I also have an issue with the whole back section coming off my fastback, but thats just less weight and easily click back in place ( a dab of glue would surely fix it but I keep forgetting)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.