SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts

P039 Pioneer Mustang '68 Notchback Trans-Am #28, Red, Dean Gregson

In the late 1960s Dean Gregson was the High Performance Sales Manager at Tasca Ford in Providence, RI, one of the leading Ford high performance dealers in the US at the time. He had a close working relationship with Ford factory rep Dave Aronson, who was Tasca's pipeline to all of the special factory racing cars and parts in Ford's catalog. Utilizing Aronson's connections, Gregson prepared a notchback Mustang for the 1969 TransAm season and developed it by racing it in the SCCA's A-Sedan class in 1968.

Gregson started out in 1969 with a 26th place finish in a TransAm race at Michigan International Speedway. He failed to start the next race at Lime rock due to an oil leak. The car's next outing was an amateur race at Thompson Speedway, where the car was damaged heavily in a crash.

The damaged Notchback body/chassis assembly survived to be rebuilt and eventually found its way into the hands of current owner Nick DeVitis, who has vintage raced it with great success for several years now. He has raced the car all across the US with the Historic TransAm group.

P032 Pioneer Shelby Mustang '68 Notchback Trans-Am #2, Blue, Dan Gurney

The #2 Mustang Notchback Trans-Am, as driven by star driver Dan Gurney, Watkins Glen 1968.

Dan Gurney remains one of the most popular and celebrated figures in the world of motorsport. His competition history includes success at Daytona, Sebring, the Nürburgring, Indianapolis and Le Mans, driving a diverse range of racers including Formula 1, Indy Cars, IMSA GTP, Can-Am and Trans-Am.

Gurney drove the Shelby/Kar Kraft prepared Mustang Notchback #2 car in the 10th race of the 1968 season at Watkins Glen, NY. The #2 car was shared during that year with Horst Kwech/Allan Moffat who drove at Daytona and Sebring, Parnelli Jones at War Bonnet Park, and David Pearson drove at Lime Rock. Gurney also drove this car at Castle Rock, the 11th race of the season.

It is currently privately owned and makes the occasional appearance on track and at special occasions, the most recent being the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion where it lined up with other Dan Gurney race cars, in honor of the man and his racing career.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
QUOTE (Graham Lane @ 29 Aug 2011, 16:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh,
and I was hoping for a Monte Carlo rally version.

I thought they used the 64-66 model in the Monte carlo rally??

You needed to add a small flying kangaroo on the top of the door and the car could have been the winning Aussie Horst Kweck's car!!

cheers
rick1776

·
Tel
4,090 Posts
Enough 'stangs already ! Were are the Camaro's ?

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
QUOTE (rick1776 @ 29 Aug 2011, 21:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I thought they used the 64-66 model in the Monte carlo rally??

You needed to add a small flying kangaroo on the top of the door and the car could have been the winning Aussie Horst Kweck's car!!

cheers
rick1776

Yep, a Stang was entered in the 1966 Monte. I'm no expert on them but I'd like Pioneer to do a rally version.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I like em. There were a lot of Stangs in the TA, so Go for it 'J', your doing a grand job.
Now, what about the Challenger, #77, Lime Green with a black roof.
This one.

Which should turn out like this.

1970 Dodge Challenger

Oh, and I using one of you Mustang Chassis with an NSR Shark motor. Seems to be taking a long time though. Other stuff keeps getting in the way.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
A Dodge Challenger, yep, an awesome looking car. I only know of 3 liveries that ran in T/A. A fourth was being built but never made it to the grid before Chrysler pulled the pin.

Can you turn a profit with just 3 liveries???? Street versions plus vanishing point plus white kits I suppose?

cheers
rick1776

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (Pioneer @ 31 Aug 2011, 09:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>...a 1970 Dodge Challenger, huh?

What about a huge Caterpillar 'dozer and make up a twin pack?

Jules

That would be a "Triple pack" would it not? Two Caterpillars and Kowalski. D8's if I remember right. How about a Honda 350 Scrambler while you are at it. If you don't supply those Dozers, I would have to spend hours searching the net to find them in 1/32nd. And yes, I would absolutely reach deep into my pocket and and buy a set. Of course in addition to a green #77.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.