Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a couple of lads from NERCS round for a few laps on the track.
New Chris brought this lovely Pioneer Mustang round to try out.
Really suprised me!
A really fast & stable car which looks fantastic.
The car suffered no problems at all running on Scalextric Classic track.
Must get some Pioneer cars.....
Cheers,
Kev.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Great cars, I use one for club racing and with a bit of tweaking its very competitive.

I've set up a charger for club racing too but yet to run it in anger! Looks like it should be on the pace too, but I reckon the mustang will take some beating!

·
Tom Brown (Scorpus Flex)
1,214 Posts
that would be a good idea geoff although mine may not be eligible as ive had to replace a burnt out motor, and obviously put something better in. i definately prefer the fastbacks to the notchback.

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great idea Geoff!
I think it may also be a good idea to buy some in as NERCS club cars once the re-build is complete.
Cheers,
Kev.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Have any of you tried the upgrade 21K motor in the Pioneer cars? Are they any good? At the price Jules is selling them Im thinking its worth trying one out.

cheers
rick1776

PS. Has the removal of the front spoiler affected the high speed stability on the fastback?

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Hi there Kev..

The photos of the Pioneer Mustang Fastback on your track look great, very much in period and looks the part, thank you for posting.

If the NERCS decided to race the T/A Pioneer cars at their club, I am sure it would be a great series, especially with the Pioneer Camaro coming out soon as well, they will be spoilt for choice.

All the best.. Martin De'Ath.

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aye my mate Ron...if the kid wasn`t there we could have mugged him good & proper like..
Cheers,
Kev

·
Mark R-E
2,471 Posts
QUOTE (rick1776 @ 26 Jun 2011, 01:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Have any of you tried the upgrade 21K motor in the Pioneer cars? Are they any good? At the price Jules is selling them Im thinking its worth trying one out.

cheers
rick1776

PS. Has the removal of the front spoiler affected the high speed stability on the fastback?

Yes and yes

Very smooth with good torque.

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
All worship Pioneer

Such cool cars and such fantastic models for such a new manufacturer.

Do the wheels still slide around on the axles as easy as they did a year ago, or has that issue actually been sorted by now?

·
Ian
99 Posts
Screwneck, from your original post on this subject last year, I thought you would have at least bought some more by now to run against your existing Stable.
I think the launch into the market as scrutinised as ours was never going to be easy was it, there were always going to be a few teething problems with an odd car or two. I have continued to collect and haven't heard any complaints, well since yours really

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Slipping wheel syndrome has all but been eliminated. Of course, without a knurl on the axle it is still possible to twist them off with fair pressure - they were designed to be removed with a hefty tug. One cause of the loose wheel problem was heavy grinding/trueing of the rear tyres which does stress the axle fitting. From July 2011, the rear wheel tyre retaining rib has been narrowed. This has allowed the tyre to fit damn near perfect onto the rim with no appreciable trueing required. The contact patch is as flat as I've seen on any other model. It works really well.

Jules

1 - 20 of 22 Posts