SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
513 Posts
Thanks Colin.

I'm really pleased with how those Chargers turned out - they look fab, methinks.

We have plenty more goodies in the pipeline.

Trying to finish off 4 new tools for this year so we should see a nice broadening of the range.

Cheers

Jules

· Premium Member
513 Posts
Superb photos bleep, very nicely done.

That is a 4 coat paint job, DJ. We did call it Cherry Red Metallic originally, but it is verging on Kandy Apple that's for sure.

frankgoes: What can I say? We ran 1000's of laps on NINCO track - with the magnet in! NINCO has a high power rail. We choose the original tyre size and front axle play so that it would perform OK on this track. NINCO is also more grippy than other plastic tracks. There is a tendency for the front tyres to grip tight in a corner encouraging a flip over.

You say you have swapped out the front tyres and the guide. How does this compare to the standard parts as fitted originally? Was it even worst than you say before you made the change?

Do you have a comparable model (saloon car) from another maker that makes it around the corners on a NINCO track when you take the magnet out? I'd be very keen to know which ones are OK.

The other thing to consider is that the standard motor is quite a high torque version. If you want to run without magnets, there is a milder version of the TYPHOON motor (the 18k LT) that does not kick like the standard 18k SS motor.

Cheers

Jules

· Premium Member
513 Posts
QUOTE (Julian_Boolean @ 16 Jun 2011, 12:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>....... maybe I've done too much drinking and headbanging?

I was in Ipswich once, summer '88 I think. Too much drinking and headbangin' at the Lord Nelson. Damaged me for life. Excellent fun.

These days I get off on listening to the Greatest Hits of the Carpenters (their best album). I might have half a light & bitter if I'm feeling fanciful.

Jules

· Premium Member
513 Posts
I broke my Carpenters LP tonight and poured my light and bitter down the sink. I stepped up up to digging out a Motorhead disc and a bottle of JD. Felt great. Depending on how I feel later, I may switch to Donna Summer (Hot stuff, best album by far) and a vanilla milkshake. It's important to move with the times, don't yer think. At the weekend, it'll be Deadmau5 and a can of Monster with a vodka top. I'm making good progress.

Saviour, sounds like you might like one of my 'Summer of '76' T-shirts. Eagles on cassette, helluva hot, lying in the grass listening to my hair grow. Magic.

What was this thread 'bout? Oh yes, the Sinclair Cambridge Scientific calculator. No way would I have passed my A levels without it.

Pip Pip

Jules

· Premium Member
513 Posts
timkoul, some of the Southern Ford Dealer Mustangs (P029 white and P030 blue) were fitted with incorrect tyres. I think you have one of these examples. PM me your mailing address and we will send a proper set to you. They will grip much better.

Jules

· Premium Member
513 Posts
Stoooo is correct and that is the stance I will be taking. Whatever we think about the flag in question, the presence of it from a historical point of view is beyond argument.

In this instance, its use is merely to accurately represent a scale model of a popular TV/Movie vehicle. As simple as that. It should not be seen as anything other than that, either implied or assumed. It does not mean that any of us slot fans condone any racial or white supremacist evil deeds. Trying to argue against that is like trying to say that each one of us that buys German WWII model airplane kits with Iron Crosses on the wings and a Swastika on the tail somehow passively support the Nazi regime and think that Hitler was a 'good guy'. Just a ridiculous notion and I hope you agree.

The model will be finished (far too much has been invested so far) and I shall supply it to those that wish to have one in their collection. If the requirements prove that 'disguise' of the flag is the only way forward, I shall consider that but I hope that we can get creative enough to supply the model exactly as anticipated before the recent 'issue' messed up the plan.

Incidentally, beware of making any political statements or taking sides in this discussion otherwise I expect the chances of the thread being 'locked' is high. Moderator 'Chappy' locked the last one called "world has gone crazy, poor'ol general" because of some potential offence that may be caused to 'Americans'. 'Chappy' hails from Ontario, Canada and is an all round great guy so please don't tempt him to press 'shift'+'alt'+LOCK.

There should be nothing wrong with mentioning 'General Lee' or 'Confederate Flag' as descriptive terms. If this forum thinks so then there is a very big problem that needs to be overcome.

Jules

· Premium Member
513 Posts
LanciaB, we will finish the General as fast as we can.

Apart from a small annual increase, I have not increased the price of Pioneer models to dealers in France.

I think it is a combination of dealers wanting to maintain profit margins and the drop in value of the EURO.

Jules

· Premium Member
513 Posts
I don't intend for it to be a Limited Edition, Colin.

My plan is to make a decent run of them to cover pre-orders + 30%.

Depending on popularity, I may decide to do another run - or not, as the case may be.

We shall probably make more standing figures of Daisy than the models. Perhaps I should also supply unpainted Daisy figures as well? Then you can paint her up as per you like: blue denim shorts, blue/white cheescloth shirt or white hot pants & red shirt? Hmmmmm. Decisions, decisions....

Jules

· Premium Member
513 Posts
I don't think any dealer has chosen to poke their head over the parapet and offer this model to pre-order yet. Presumably, they will wait for the first trade case to get cracked open and then put out a 'General' alert in anticipation of a 48hr feeding frenzy.

The reference code for the model is P016: Large orange American motor car + two chaps & their sister. Just'a good ol' boys, never meanin' no harm. Beats all you never saw, been in trouble with the law, since the day they was born.

Jules

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.