SlotForum banner

PIONEER....... New Cars Released......

19K views 121 replies 45 participants last post by  Wraith 
#1 ·
Hi there all..

These have just arrived

Here are a few photos of "Pioneers" latest "Muscle Car" releases.

The "Cherry Red" Charger (Street Muscle Series) is an amazing colour (the photos do not do it justice), one of the best yet.

The Charger "Streetracers".. "Lady Luck" and "Ace Of Spades" are "Something A Bit Different"......
Great graphics, repaired and replaced panels, they are really cool
.... Just right for a nights "Streetracing" for "Dollars" or "Pink slips".

All the best.. Martin De'Ath.

"Cherry Red" Charger.

"Lady Luck", "Streetracer".

"Ace Of Spades", "Streetracer".

See less See more
#59 ·
QUOTE (slotcarscrapyard @ 15 Jun 2011, 19:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>any sneak peeks at the General yet?

Pleeeeeaaaaassseeeee Jules

Cheers
General Aston man

#60 ·
QUOTE (choc-ice @ 16 Jun 2011, 08:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This is a tough room. Are you sure you want to be a niteclub comic?

I don't think I'll be giving up the day job yet, maybe it's just a lack of knowledge of fine music, too many people playing with toy cars in their teenage years when they should have been drinking and headbanging - or maybe I've done too much drinking and headbanging?

#62 ·
QUOTE (Julian_Boolean @ 16 Jun 2011, 12:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>....... maybe I've done too much drinking and headbanging?

I was in Ipswich once, summer '88 I think. Too much drinking and headbangin' at the Lord Nelson. Damaged me for life. Excellent fun.

These days I get off on listening to the Greatest Hits of the Carpenters (their best album). I might have half a light & bitter if I'm feeling fanciful.

Jules

#63 · (Edited by Moderator)
'Sok Julian. Lemmy and the 'Head had a spin on my CD player when the Ace got its test drive.

So Jules, does that mean that tribute cars for Sabbath and Deo aren't in the winds then?

#64 ·
Bring back the years of 74, 75, 76, 77 ..........81. The gap years, 86...90. (Got married...in 90, came to a full stop) Funny how woman join in the fun. then stop when the ring goes on a finger. I still feel dizzy just thinking of the days gone by. The vast amounts of money handed to some very rich guy, Very hard to remember all. It's like looking at a real of 35mm. Now and then, a clear picture, but most are blank, out of focus. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

#65 ·
QUOTE (Pioneer @ 16 Jun 2011, 13:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was in Ipswich once, summer '88 I think. Too much drinking and headbangin' at the Lord Nelson. Damaged me for life. Excellent fun.

These days I get off on listening to the Greatest Hits of the Carpenters (their best album). I might have half a light & bitter if I'm feeling fanciful.

Jules

I can't remember what the Nelly was like in 1988, TBH I'm trying to remember 1988, I was 21, I had an RD350LC (RZ350 in Oz) and enjoyed drinking a bit too much, met the wife in 1990, she probably saved me from an early grave.

I still enjoy rock music, listening to the Cult on the way to work this morning, might put on Audioslave on the way home, but when I get home it'll be watching whatever my children want to watch on telly, probably the excitement of Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom. And these days I don't drink because I can't handle the hangovers.

Now where's the Pioneer 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner, go on, you know you want to, it could use the Charger chassis, it's only an inch shorter wheelbase, no one would notice if it was slightly over scale.

#67 ·
So were there any other forum members at Donington last weekend then? Sounds like there could have been a fair few of us there!
Cheers,
Richard

#68 ·
I remember when Donnington was Monsters of Rock, now it's all Download and I'm not watching Rammstein at work, how embarrasing would that be, I've only just admitted to racing slot cars!

I'm trying to remember what year I went to the bike GP at Donnington and there was a riot (caused by heavy handed policing) I think it was 1991 or 2, Mick Doohan fell off on the first lap and skittled half a dozen riders down Craner Curves, but I was very, very drunk.

#70 ·
I broke my Carpenters LP tonight and poured my light and bitter down the sink. I stepped up up to digging out a Motorhead disc and a bottle of JD. Felt great. Depending on how I feel later, I may switch to Donna Summer (Hot stuff, best album by far) and a vanilla milkshake. It's important to move with the times, don't yer think. At the weekend, it'll be Deadmau5 and a can of Monster with a vodka top. I'm making good progress.

Saviour, sounds like you might like one of my 'Summer of '76' T-shirts. Eagles on cassette, helluva hot, lying in the grass listening to my hair grow. Magic.

What was this thread 'bout? Oh yes, the Sinclair Cambridge Scientific calculator. No way would I have passed my A levels without it.

Pip Pip

Jules

#71 · (Edited by Moderator)
Now I remember why I hang around here. You guys make me feel so much younger for having missed most of that.

OK... Back to the Ace (no, not Mr Kilmister's vocal offerings). Jules, it does look fabulous in the garage or on the track. A little shame about the pixelation in the graphics (such is life). But I must say it don't half make a clatter. Sure, one could argue that it's supposed to be loud and brash, but mine will definitely be in need of some heavy duty TLC to get it in suitable running trim. The only thing that I've had on the track recently that has made more of a racket has been a Ninco M3!

Embs

#72 ·
ive seen rammstein twice they are amazing live. no download this year went in '09 too many druggies for me. went back in '10 for the slot festival was a much better crowd.

#73 ·
QUOTE (Ember @ 16 Jun 2011, 23:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mick Doohan crashed out at Donnington in 1993. 3rd place finish in 1991 and non-starter in 1992 due to injuries.

It must have been '93, I know I went on a 1985 GSXR750 which I bought in '91 and sold in '94. Sunday morning the campsite looked like a scene from Mad Max 2, Transits and mopeds burning all over the place.

#75 ·
About the handling on Ninco, non mag....
I recently bought the Ace of spades Charger and the Southern dealers Mustang. I replaced the guide with the deep one on both cars, installed only the 4 outer screws, had a bit of body rock without need of trimming, which is nice, and started driving around.
As expected, the Charger was very easy to roll, so I added weight low on the chassis (I don't want to true down the front tires yet), until it was ok. A big car, the motor is not too fast, not too much brakes, but it's fun to drive now (one must drive carefully though).
The Mustang was too tail happy. I tried the spare tires under the box, and same thing, the car has a hard time to go straight. And the rear tires are now almost slick (due to wheelspin I suppose). Tried dialling in all anti spin to my Slot it controller, but still too much wheelspin and oversteer. Aren't the tires of the same compound with the Charger? It's a narrow car and I expected it to roll rather than slide, but it surprized me. Sure, I know, the obvious solution to changes the tires to some NSRs, but I'm just curious and I really like the stock look of these cars.
Laptimes are around 10.6 for the Charger and 11.2 for the Mustang, on a 25m layout that the NSR Classics lap around 8.5s.
Wish I had an SCX Barracuda to compare.
When does the Camaro come out?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.