SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 457 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hi all. I thought I'd post this here. I have spent the last few months putting together a short remake of the Bullitt car chase using stop motion animation and Pioneer's Mustang and Charger slot cars.

As I say, this is a trailer and I intend to recreate the whole damn car chase in the new year.

I'll post a few 'Behind the scenes' images of how I did the trailer and then will hopefully use this thread to post regular updates as the whole film comes together over the next couple of months.

All the buildings, street scenery were scratch built with a couple of small exceptions.

I look forward to peoples comments and I really hope you enjoy the movie.

Oh and don't forget to crank the sound up. That original soundtrack is a treat.

Steve

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Excellent trailer Steve..

Look forward to seeing the full chase movie, in the new year..

All the best. Martin De'Ath..

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Just spotted the green beetle in a side street. I hope that model will come out to play (many times of course) in the full length feature.

Very well done Steve. Excellent work.

Jules

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I promised a few 'making of' images but I'm having real trouble adding them. The images are hosted with Flikr and every time I copy over the code it says it is invalid. Help!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You know what? It was easier to build a 1/32 scale replica of San Francisco than it is to post a pic.

·
Trevor Gordon
1,465 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The start of the full movie began yesterday with the ebay purchase of a dozen period vehicles for the background. I shall post if the snow ever allows their arrival.

I'm definitely going to post shots as I begin to piece the whole thing together. I will be filming it scene by scene before then fitting the whole thing to the original soundtrack with some judicious editing on my part.

Anyway, as a few people have asked me how I did the seatbelt doing up, here is the device I used, which reminds me of some hideous Saw-like torture device.

Steve

Then, in the words of Nick Park, you just move it a little and take a picture, move it a little more and etc etc etc ad infinitum.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think I'm going to need another 3 or 4 sets in total to complete the whole chase, although If I build individual buildings that can be moved around I can probably get away with 3 sets. I already have a hill set to use but will need to build the fuel dump and then blow the whole thing up. Yay!

1 - 20 of 457 Posts