SlotForum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fiddling around in Photoshop with a new car I purchased this week... A Pioneer Test Mould... escaped the trash can.. & is crusin..

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I stand to be corrected, but I believe Inaslot have had them in their store and on ebay, on a personal note I'm bored to death with their never ending supply of special, extra special, extra very special limitless supply of limited editions all of the same 3 cars. Regards Jason

·
Registered
259 Posts
umm... this is the photography / media section.. yes ?

How about my image... cool ah !!

I had problems trying to get the rear tyres to look as if they were attached to the road. .. I tried to darken the shadow where the tyre connects tar but still difficult to achieve.

I added very slight reflection of the rock wall on the bonnet too.. hard to see though. I sourced the Bullitt photo from the film and used it as reference to get the right camera angle.

Here's the original. I will have another go later & upload it.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
1. Yes, the image is cool.
2. I'd like to add I'm no Pioneer basher, I love the models they've produced, but please, enough of the limited editions already, they must have done about a million limited editions by now. Kind Regards Jason

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Love the sweet taste of controversial flavours. Adds a little spice to the mix..yes

Talking about mix.... I find it so hard to blend a shot of a slot car with an original background.. getting the lighting correct is so tricky. Any tips regarding matching lighting conditions would be really appreciated.

Mickman

can't wait for a Scaley Limited edition Speeder bike... 1 of 2000 not

·
Ian
99 Posts
Mickman,
I love it some great work there, I to love playing around with Photoshop it's a very powerful tool and brings endless possibilities.
I may have just have taken the red out from above the rear wheel but that is by no way a criticism.

Nice one

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Nice work!!!

Perhaps the wheels need to look as if they are rotating?
Just a thought.

Amazing what can be done with a few million pixels.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Philip

·
Julius Wilkko
935 Posts
Hi!

Very nice picture, good work! Something should be done to the wheels though - as mentioned.

But why make such a conventional picture? We see pictures of cars every day. With Photoshop you can go over the top and beyond.

At the picture below Photoshopped Scalextric Ford Focus. This image has more speed and movement.

Cheers!

Julius

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Agreed, its hard to make it convincing, the most important being the lighting as you say.

Although it looks great, there is a lighting conflict. The strong top right/bottom left shadow argues with the specular refections on the top left of the screen(as you look at it) and the "bank" in the backgound which is in shadow.
I think the shadow would look better if it dropped vertically with the frame as it would echo the "lighting" better.

I've never really bothered to play with photoshop, but I used to hand print photographs combining multiple negs many years ago.

For me its relatively easy to spot a fake, as it is so hard to duplicate lighting on 2 images taken in 2 locations!

Good job given the mixed media you are using though

Simon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts