SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey, I'm new around here so I thought it would be a good idea to show you some pictures of my track.
It is designed with rally driving in mind.Full NINCO, 33 mts long in each rail (compansated) and mounted on a 5 x 3 mt surface...it has everything from a 4mt long straight to hairpins and long/fast curves in the downhill...it has a tunnel, desert parts, rocky/cliff parts, woods, green/grassy parts... and lots of space for extra scenary!!!!!

The pictures below were taken like a year ago (when the track was just finished), now it has been converted to N-DIGITAL and is a lot more fun. I will take some pictures soon.

Hope you like it!

Here are the pics:

PANORAMIC:

ANOTHER PANORAMIC:

ONE MORE:

HAIRPINS:

FAST DOWNHILL CURVES:

MORE DOWNHILL CURVES:

A CRASH (TAKEN LIVE BY THE WAY!!!!):

SOME MEGANES RACING SIDE BY SIDE:

Regards,

Arturo

·
Martyn
742 Posts
Hi and welcome to SF brilliant track my kind of track you really got to use your head when facing them hair pins, this kind of track lasts for years before boredom sets in. great job well done more photo's soon please.

Athrlyth

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your compliments. This track was made by my girlfriend and me about a year and a half ago. We were very happy with the results, even though it now occupies the entire dinning room area...jejeje
The rocks do look scarey but it is very difficult to get down the cliff. Before I let anybody use the track I tested it with a crash dummy car to see where the dangerous areas were located. I managed to cover most of them, leaving some less risky areas without fences so that we can still get the thrill of getting derailed and down the cliff once in a while.

The really scarey areas, where you could get down the cliff, off the track and to the floor (about 1.6mts fall) were covered with moskito net to simulate real track protective net.

Here are some more pictures:

THIS ONE IS ONE OF MY FAVOURITES:

AN ABARTH CLIMBING TO THE TOP:

ONE MORE OF THE ABARTH:

A CLIO DOING SOME DRIFTING:

Regards,

Arturo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, thank again for your thoughts.

QUOTE (dgersh @ 26 Dec 2006, 11:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Very nice track Arturo! Is rally racing as popular in Mexico as in Spain?

I have to ask too: what happens what cars come off in the tunnel???

Don

Hi Don, thanks.

Rally racing is really popular in México. I don't think it is as big as it is in Spain but we're getting there...jejeje

About the tunnel, it is open on the back so you can reach the entire lower part of the mountain, including the tunnel. I use that back part as a storage area for tools and general stuff.

Regards,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.