SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've brought two pit boxes, the scaleauto one and the MB slot one. Both are superbly built and will be great for both my digital and my analogue needs.

One frustration is that there are never enough of the dividers,

I have decided the best way to make the best use of the space in them is to make my own extra dividers whic will not be too card. They have 2.7mm plasticard with a foam surrounding. Its the foam I think I will struggle to find. It's 4mm deep but has a groove 2mm x 2mm every 12mm to allow you to cross connect them.

Does anyone have any idea where I may find this foam bit?

Many thanks.

Colin

·
Tony
2,834 Posts
I just bought one of these from Fleabay for £100 including delivery loads of room and on wheels. I have taken off the hinge on the front flap and put on sliding hinges so you can take it off

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,279 Posts
Good seller Tony, thanks for the tip. Will look here when I'm up for buying one.

Might buy one of these and swap it around with one of our club members pitbox when he isnt looking.

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,279 Posts
I'd expect revenge to be exacted on me later if I pulled that stunt.

Seriously though, there are some very useful looking boxes on that sellers site (black black or black for me) - I like that free standing one that opens out to form a sort of workbench area.

·
Greg Gaub
14,656 Posts
Guys around here use all kinds of things, but many just pick up a suitable tackle box (e.g. for fishing), usually made by Plano. They usually have a large compartment on top that's great for controllers and tool kits, then a set of multi-compartment containers on shelves below. Use one or more containers for car parts and necessities, but pull out a couple containers and replace them with pieces of wood to hold cars on.

I gave in early on and treated myself to a custom made wooden slot box. Heavier and more expensive, but it sure is prettier. ;-)

Anyway, back to the OP... for the foam, you might have a look at a fabric store for stuff they might use as padding, or better yet, an upholstery store/service that might have some thin foam rubber? Craft stores might also have thin sheets of foam that are often used in crafts, but a nice black or gray, or whatever closely matches what you have now, wouldn't look too out of place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts