SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Just a thought i had i wanted to share and ask about.

Here's a drawing of the pitlane entry:

As you might know i have a left entry. The new element is the placement of a LC just before the pitlane entry, permitting the outer lane to take the pit in as well.
Rick, i figure i can see this as one LC arrangement, for the LC's are close and both require only one led - so one LB can do the job here.
When a car coming from the outer lane decides to pit, it takes two lane changes quick after eachother. Controlwise that's no problem, simply holding down the LC button on the controller.

The thing going trough my mind however is:
If a car does this, it passes and triggers the lane 2 led, and after that the lane 1 led for pit entry.
Does the Scorpius system cope with a car passing quickly two leds of one LB? Won't the Scorpius system / software behind it "think" that car is doing something impossible?

For instance, when you install a LB for an XLC, one thing is for sure: a car passes the led for lane 1 or lane 2, but never the leds for lane 1 and 2 in simultaneously.
So i'd like to know if one LB can do the work here, without the risk of complicating something technical under the Scorpius hood.
Enlighten me please :)

Merc

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
This is something I also want to understand. How do pit lanes work. Besides entering pit, do I need another LB to control the fueling and such for each pit bay?
How would something like this work, or what would I need to make it work (pit lane and pit lane entrance only)

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's also interesting and can use a good explanation Pro :)

But totally apart from pitlane setup i'm interested in getting a concise answer to this question:
How does Scorpius react on a car passing two leds of the same LB after eachother, will this give any technical problems or is this no issue?

Merc

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
As Profox says. Best thing is to try it as I've never attempted it.
Certainly functions like PEARL, sector timing and calibrated ghost cars will affected also.
Rick

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hi guys,

I have the pleasure to be a beta tester of Scorpius RMS and I have configured #1a ((without safety car) of the following pit layouts:

It works great!

Entering pit (Rightmost LB configured as "Pit bay entry" (see below) and then stopping results in refuelling.
Having a pit exit LB is fine. However, if you do not have an exit lb, pit stop will be resetted when hitting next S/F-line.

...so more into the current state:
  • You can configure an LB to be "Pit Entry", "Pit Exit", or "Pit bay entry"
  • Speed limits can be configured, to hold between "Pit entry" or "Pit bay entry" until "Pit Exit" of "S/F-line".
  • "Pit Entry" means just that. You are in pit. Pit speed limits have to be obeyed, until you reach, "Pit Exit" or S/F-line. No refuelling is possible, as you are just in pits, but not in an appropriate pit bay.
  • "Pit bay entry" means you are in a pit. (No "Pit Entry" LBr equired) You can do refuelling, Pit speed limits have to be obeyed, until... (see above).
    Having a seperate "Pit Exit" LB is fine, but not necessary. Pit exit or S/F line will terminate Pits.
  • In fact, currently I do not have a seprate pit exit LB. I just configured a standard LB to act as one. Works fine.

I have the feeling that the final setup is still subject to change.
Anyhow any questions welcome.

Regards,
Diegu

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Rick / Profox, i remember, and understand what you mean. I'll give it a go and see how the system reacts. Mabye i'll try it not as a pitlane entry, but simple as a combined LC in the other end of my track.

Diegu: great explanation, interesting!
Following your explanation, it can be wise to place the S/F line shortly after the pitbay exit - so you won't have to travel a whole lap to end the fueling procedure / pitspeed observation.
For instance like this:

Placed as illustrated, the S/F LB will count the laps and will function as "end of pit" point. Correct?

Merc

·
Registered
636 Posts
ZITAT(Merc_A @ 19 Aug 2011, 21:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>[...]

Placed as illustrated, the S/F LB will count the laps and will function as "end of pit" point. Correct?

Merc

Merc,
that's a great idea. Sure this works and you save the EndOfPitLB.

Thanks for that. I think I'll do it exactly like you sketched it.

Regards,
Diegu

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
I wouldn't worry about saftey car just yet its a while off.

Rick

·
Registered
636 Posts
ZITAT(Merc_A @ 19 Aug 2011, 22:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Rick / Profox, i remember, and understand what you mean. I'll give it a go and see how the system reacts. Mabye i'll try it not as a pitlane entry, but simple as a combined LC in the other end of my track.

Diegu: great explanation, interesting!
Following your explanation, it can be wise to place the S/F line shortly after the pitbay exit - so you won't have to travel a whole lap to end the fueling procedure / pitspeed observation.
For instance like this:

Merc
I went to it again. The correct answer is:
  • Placed as illustrated, the S/F LB will just count laps. End of pit will be detected by "EndOfPitLB".
  • If you leave out "EndOfPitLB", S/F LB will count the laps and will function as "end of pit" point.
IMHO, this is a very clever solution and does just what I want it to do!

Regards,
Diegu

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Diegu,
Have you tried PEARL to enter your bay automatically? Although I know the RMS is not yet configured for this it should be a nice function.

Rick

·
Registered
636 Posts
Rick,

yes, I tried PEARL to enter correct pit. That's a really nice usage for PEARL.

Configured within seconds and then no more missed pit bays due to driver errors. Fine

Diegu

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I totally reworked my track plan, due to several unsuspected reasons.
More on the track plan in another coming thread - here's the topic LC arrangements for pits.

Here's the newest track plan. Btw the grey markings = slopes

What i've done is a double lane pit-in, where you can enter the pits from right lane and from the left lane - via a flyover. LB 8 is pitbox-in.
The pitlane is double lane in and out - no need for lane changing in the pitlane.
There's also a one-lane piece for Safety car stationing / parking.
At the end of the pit straight there's the LB 0 counting laps and functioning as end of pitlane sensor.
From there i've made two ways of leaving the pits and going back on track, thanks to the vintage Polistil double lane changers.
The idea behind is to make this - scenerywise - look more like a road track with petrol station instead of a racing circuit.

Merc

·
Registered
61 Posts

[*]You can configure an LB to be "Pit Entry", "Pit Exit", or "Pit bay entry"

I would like to use pit layout #2, I believe I can do this and use 2 LB's and control all entry and exit flippers and have them livened (No AC). I will use the S/F beacons for "end of Pit"

Will this work?

Can one LB be "Pit Entry" and "Pit bay entry" simultaneously? As you can see in Layout #2 the red lane is the "Pit entry" for both pits, but also the "Pit bay entry" for the red land?

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Hi awdpwr,

Not really because everytime someone serves a drive through penalty you are forced to go through at least 1 oit bay.

I would highly recommend scenario #3.

As you can see all the diagrams a bit of thought has gone into it but I cant think of any other variations other than you can select the SF line as end of pitlane

One LB can not serve entry and bay because the RMS relies on a unique ID to function.

Rick

·
Registered
636 Posts
ZITAT(awdpwr @ 6 Nov 2011, 15:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>[*]You can configure an LB to be "Pit Entry", "Pit Exit", or "Pit bay entry"

I would like to use pit layout #2, I believe I can do this and use 2 LB's and control all entry and exit flippers and have them livened (No AC). I will use the S/F beacons for "end of Pit"

Will this work?

Can one LB be "Pit Entry" and "Pit bay entry" simultaneously? As you can see in Layout #2 the red lane is the "Pit entry" for both pits, but also the "Pit bay entry" for the red land?

I do not know what is planned in the future, but I can tell what is possible with the current test version of Scorpius RMS.
And so I am sorry (or happy ?) to say that Rick may be wrong and Scorpius can do more than expected

Here you are:
You can configure an LC either to "Pit Row Entry" or "Pit Bay <n>" not to both. But that does not matter, "Pit Bay <n>" is sufficient to signal that a car is in pits.
In that sense, "Pit Row Entry" is optional.

I just tested with the current version of ScorpiusRMS on my layout by reconfiguring LCs as you want them. It works.

What do you get?
  • Passing "Pit Row Entry" denotes that you are in Pit. Pit speed limits (if defined) are obeyed. (Anyhow, you do not have "Pit Row Entry" in your layout)
  • Passing "Pit Bay <n>" denotes you are in Pit AND in Pit Bay <n>. Speed limits are obeyed, independent of the existence of a "Pit Row Entry". Additionally, when you are in a pit bay you can refuel your car or get rid of special penalties (see below).
  • In any case, passing "Pit Exit" or "S/F Beacon" will denote pit exit.
  • Currently, there are three ways to get rid of a penalty:
    - Drive through (works with your intended setup)
    - Timed Stop (works with your intended setup)
    - Stop and Go (works with your intended setup)

IMHO, there is only one open issue: ScorpiusRMS currently does not show, in which pit you are. I won't mind. Obviously I was in a pit, either pit 1 or pit 2. Currently I don't mind which fuel i take

@Rick: Clearly scenario 3 is way better, but according to my tests, scenario 2 works fine.

Hope I did not miss anything.

Regards,
Diegu

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Hi Guys,

At the moment we have not taken pit bay ID into account. But when it is added if you pull into the wrong pit bay a) you get penalised
you cant refuel.

Rick

·
Registered
881 Posts
QUOTE (injectorman @ 6 Nov 2011, 18:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Guys,

At the moment we have not taken pit bay ID into account. But when it is added if you pull into the wrong pit bay a) you get penalised
you cant refuel.

Rick
I hope this will be an option that can be turned on or off? If I have 4 cars racing and only 2 pit bays, I'd like to be able to go to either pit bay if one is taken. I was planning on just having a single LB for pit lane entry (for now at least)

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Sorry Hooch, cant do, your pit section is doomed, it might even explode.
Seriously though it is also planned that we will add a new section called Pit Set Up where the 24 pit bays will be able to be configured to car IDs 1-24 allocated to any or all bays.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts