SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I know that a CLC needs to be modified/ removed when using the analog section on the 6pb
Do I need to do the same to the single lane pit entrance/exit flippers

Thank you in advance

Richard

·
Greg Gaub
15,416 Posts
Electrically, the pit lane does bridge the primary lane with the one that is created. If you use the pit lane pieces to create a chicane, or some crazy 3 lane figure 8 section, you could potentially bridge the two primary lanes together and cause the same problem as the CLCs do. Just make sure you can follow one lane around and it doesn't have the chance to become the other lane through anything but a XLC and you'll be fine.

·
Greg Gaub
15,416 Posts
They are noisy. This is primarily caused by slop and gear mesh. Ask for more advice in the 132 slot cars forum, but one trick I've used with some success is running an abrasive paste in the gears. I use glass cooktop cleaner/polish. It's thin enough to apply easily. With the car running at the lowest possible speed to keep the gears moving, and the rear propped up on something (I usually use a scrap tire), all on top of a paper towel (though the braids/guide are in the slot), I drop a little cleaner into the gear mesh. I let it run at low speed for several minutes, and put another drop on. depending on the type of paste you use, you might need to keep applying more as the excess is flung off, or just leave it running. You want to run it in for a good long time, at least an hour. When you're tired of it running, or putting more stuff on, stop, clean it up, and try it out. It's likely to be significantly quieter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts