SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the pit lane game for christmas and it's been working fine until now and it's no longer registering cars passing over the sensor. Have done a fair bit of work on layout recently so thought it could be a bit of dust but hoovered the track and still no joy. Any ideas is there a common fault with the product etc?

·
Prof I T
11,196 Posts
hi
most likely reason is the use of slot-it cars,there deeper guide flag runs into the senser and smashes it..

You should be able to see it if you shine a torch into the slot,but if it has suddenly stopped i would say it has been wiped off.

It can be repaired though..

·
Greg Gaub
15,386 Posts
Yep.
Here's a pic I took a little while ago to help another guy out with a similar problem. If yours looks different, such as the light yellow rectangular object is missing, then it's broke.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (bigbird @ 23 Apr 2012, 20:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi
can you still set the number of pit stops using the push button.??? Is the display unit pushed snugly into it's housing...??

Yeah can still set the number of stops and it goes through all the green and red light patterns, plus the annoying beeps.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (MrFlippant @ 23 Apr 2012, 20:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>sometimes the spring pins and contacts aren't fully touching, or are dirty enough to prevent a clean signal.

I suspect dirt is the problem although I can't see anything. Will try disconecting it from the layout and cleaning it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (bigbird @ 23 Apr 2012, 20:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi
if it's going through all the lighting procedeures then i would try the warranty out.?? There has been good reports of late regards hornby customer service..

Good idea will give it a go if I have no luck cleaning it. The only problem though is I don't think I have the packaging any more hopefully that won't matter. I only got it at christmas so it shouldn't be a problem as it's still in warranty.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You won't need the packaging. I had a defective PSU and they just sent me out a new one before even getting my old one. They sent me a prepaid shipping label to send my old unit back on the honor system (which I did of course albeit took me a few days to find a local UPS shop!)

Their Customer Service has been stellar with any question or issue I have has (other than becoming a dealer... I want to carry some of their stuff in my shop and hopefully the proceeds will pay for my habit!)... but oddly they never replied to that question!!

lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts