SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd pop up a few photos of an afternoons' work on a rainy day! After blowing lord knows how many led's and resistors trying to work it out for myself (never did electronics!!) I have cheated and bought (for the grand sum of £3.30!!) a 20 led Christmas light set - and I have to say I am really pleased with the results!!

and from directly in front..

I have bought another 5 of these for lights around the track which I will work on over the Christmas break. I think they will glue nicely to the top of some fence posts from slotcarscenics.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Nice one on the LED's...

...Illuminating !!!

Love the Fosters complex on your track, my kinda corner !

Si.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Sweet

Do you have a pic of the light in the pit box?

I plan on doing something similar with my carrera pit setup when time allows, shame the VIP bits have green glass, anyone know why its not clear as it shows in some pictures?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Rose tinted...

...would suit the VIP's.

Clear glass WOULD be sensible, wouldn't it.

Come on Carrrera, SORT IT OUT.

Always used to be clear.

Si.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've tried, can't get a good enough shot of inside, but essentially each garage has 5 led's: one outside, one in each garage space and then two in the upper area... I know it's cheating compared to some of the stuff on here, but when it comes to brain to hand coordination I am rubbish!!!

·
René 'Vialli' Christensen
4,861 Posts
QUOTE (Djessett @ 10 Dec 2011, 21:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>On Pit Lanes in general we are aiming to bring out some Pit Wall and Timing Stand bits in 2012. I will aim to attach a couple of pics. of the Prototypes.

David
Pit Lanes??
Do you have a link?

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Hi Rene,

Because these are still at prototype stage we haven't got anything on our web-site yet. THese were just a couple of photos that we have taken recently of the first 3D prints of the CAD we are working on. We hope to go to the tooling stage for the actual Pit Wall base part early in the new year. Meanwhile here are a couple more photos.

David

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
WOW! Those look good.
Now if you can replicate the fancy FLY design of the Marshall's stand which goes at the end of the pit lane, that would be just terrific!

More realistically, will you also produce the pit lane ends (that taper to the ground) and which accomodate the curve from the pit lane to the pit entry/exit using Scalextric track?

Also, one would presume these fit between the pit lane and main track as when the Scalextric single R3 curves are used to move the pit exit to the pit lane and back again, right? They look about right.

Excellent work. Now we have something NEW to look forward to in the new year!

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Hi,

Glad you like the look of our plans. We aren't working on the Marshalls hut at the moment. It is too many steps ahead but we know what size the Pit Lane ends would have to be and woul liek to do them as well. It will just be a matter of recovering the tooling cost for the Pit Wall and Timing stands before we spend any more. The timing stands are likely to be later next year. It takes a while to get these things right.

The prototype wall is designed to do what you mention. See the picture below. It is the same size as the half-straight border. The Pit Lane ends ends would need to be the same width and half the length of a short straight.

David

Attachments

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Excellent!
I knew that you would have considered the spacing just like FLY did with the originals.

We will watch with interest for future developments!

Cheers!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts