SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I have my layout pretty well setup and now its time to add a pit lane. My question is:

I am using the SSDC software.
Can I just buy the track and a second USB cable and somehow wire it to the sensors in the pit lane track? Or do I have to use the modded pit lane game? I do not like the looks of the pit lane game and would like to have just the track.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
I am sure you don't have to use the 'tower' part of the pit lane game so just use the two sensors. Yes, it would have to be modded first. You can get in touch with Riko or RichG regarding the mod.

·
Greg Gaub
14,663 Posts
The tower is needed, but you don't have to have it up on the track. ;-)

The other option is an old C7030 6 car base. Preferably the oldest version (v1.2) with no mods, as it would be cheapest and work fine. Then a little cutting and soldering, and you have the best known pit in/out detection around. The next version of SSDC will support that, or use the SSDC 4.x or PC Lap Counter until SSDC 5 is updated.

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
or have the pit lane game modded into pitpro and seperate the display from the track section,and then make a custom housing for it.

Have a nice smoked acrylic stand for mine,Savages was also nice and housed both the pitpro and RichG laptower.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It should be mentioned that there's also the option of a non-sensing pit lane. Basically you just add the pit lane to your track and you're done. All of your refuelling options are still available in SSDC. If your pit lane spans the start/finish line SSDC has an option that will add the lap when you leave pit lane. This is what I've been using for our regular group of 8-10 and it works fine. With this setup there is nothing that forces you to refuel in the pitlane, so technically you could stop anywhere on the track and refuel. As long as everyone understands that they are a major goober if they decide to refuel in the middle of the track, you won't have a problem. It keeps things simple, cheaper and works fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts