SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI guys,
Recently had a long break from scalextric and my layout has been kind of neglected. But have got back into it and am in the process of doing scenery. Have decided to 'scale down' the scenery so now going for a simpler idea of an f1 circuit. Whilst looking at other f1 cricuits I have noticed that many people have pit lanes.I realy like the idea of having a working pit lane as this then lets me use lots of pit buildings which are very effective and look great. However I also feel it may be a bit pointless. I don't have a working fuel guage system (although I do often dream about it) so I was asking for your expert opinion and wondered what you think. Is there any point getting a pit lane?

Thanks Joe

·
Martyn
742 Posts
I used to have a pit lane, but then changed my track. to be honest I only used the pit lane to park cars on and never really used it for anything else. I got rid of it a couple of years ago and haven't missed it as much as I thought I would. They do look the business in pictures though.

Athrlyth

·
Martyn
742 Posts
I used to have a pit lane, but then changed my track. to be honest I only used the pit lane to park cars on and never really used it for anything else. I got rid of it a couple of years ago and haven't missed it as much as I thought I would. They do look the business in pictures though.

Athrlyth

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your advice

Athrlyth-I sort of agree-I don't really think I'd use it and so feel it would be a bit of a waste of money
Go kart ride-A good idea, thanks very much I agree and will porbably use this idea
loosesalute and Culvers Raceway-I'm definately having a pit lane -that's a must-I was just thinking whether or not to have the pit lane track section as I feel I won't use it

Thanks Joe

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your advice
-Graham Lane-I have seen the SSDC but it looks very expensive and I don't have a laptop to use. Alos I'm only 14 so money's a bit of an issue.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Go for SSDC v. 4 and an older PB-Pro modded PB to save money. With the newer versions out there for the APB, the older ones are less expensive.

Something to save up for!

Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts