SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody,

Is it possible that Scalex will made another time special track for pit lane ? It's very difficult to find this, sometimes on ebay, but it's expensive, because it's rare I think.....

Thanks for reply, and have a nice day

Mike Delanney

·
DT
5,195 Posts
The digital track pieces will add-on to you existing sport track. Giving you a functional pit lane for digital cars. We're all in the same situation as you. None of us have digital track or cars (yet).

The hobby is moving in a direction that indicates that they won't make an old style pit lane with manual LC controls. I say this because the pit lane will be part of the race where cars come in as required by the control unit of computer controlling the race.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Hi,

Reading the latest Ninco Press announcement, I'm looking forward to what they will treat us ? If I believe their message, it would appear that their system would be fully compatible to non digital cars and they promise new realistic features ... If it is true, then it just might be become the standard instead of Scalextric (Carrera and SCx have already failed achieving that goal from my point of view).

Let's wait and see !

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
hi fast, we have been through this before somewhere...

The press release was (deliberately?) ambiguous about what the non digital compatibility actually is. Rest assured you WILL need to modify cars to run on ninco digital as with any other system, although it is possible to have a digital system where 1 completely analogue car can be controlled and raced against a number of chipped cars.

It will NOT be a system where you buy a control unit and a couple of LCs and can then race 6 of your existing unmodified cars against each other.

·
Registered
60 Posts
QUOTE (astro @ 26 Oct 2004, 21:00)It will NOT be a system where you buy a control unit and a couple of LCs and can then race 6 of your existing unmodified cars against each other.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If they offer a control unti that will allow mcpl digital or single car per lane analogue without lane changing then they will have at least solved the issue of having to chip all cars to be able to use them on one track. IMO this would be far more attractive to users with larger collections of cars

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Hi Astro,

I agree with you that we won't be able to race "conventional" cars in a digital way without any mods, but from my understanding, we will be able to race "conventional" cars on a digital track in a "conventional way" and therefore we could benefit from some features (pitlane ?). That would be great.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
That would be a good feature fast, and certainly possible.

However, the statement could mean anything, they haven't even designed it yet, so even if it did mean something in particular, 'specifications are subject to change' so until its here, who knows.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts