SlotForum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys now i have stoped winjing about plans and outer curves I have finnaly got my curves sorted out and my plan. I was looking through the members layouts once again and I looked at nuro,s pit lane but do you guys have a special 4 lane pit stop or is it like a model pit stop with a gruve cut doen the middle of the pit??

I would appreciate if you guys could send me some photo,s of your pit lanes, either eimail or post in this toppic

Cheers guys!!!!!

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
Do you mean a working pitlane you can drive into?

Scalex did make a working 4 lane pitsop for classic track many moons ago but on ebay thay fetch a lot of money (three figures).

Check out this great pitlane: http://www.slotforum.com/resources/Layouts...SLEAT/index.htm

Allthough 2 lane its fully working and you would only need to mirror it on the other side of the track for the other two lanes.

Most pitlanes though are just painted or constructed for static cars, you dont drive into them.

Hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you dont want to build your own static pit stop (I tried and failed miserably) Fly do nice pit stop accessories including pit lanes, pit walls and canopys.

Sorry, dont have any direct links to pics but GetSlotted and MRE do have pics up on their websites.

I have the pit lanes and think they look great.

Does get a bit pricey though so might be worth at least having a bash at building your own first !

·
Registered
549 Posts
If you are not worried abouthaving a working pit lane, the Fly stuff is great, with buildings and lighting planned (no dates yet) to compliment the lanes, walls and pitstations.

See your local dealer for more details.

Aaron

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
Most people will have a static pit lane, simply because its much simpler. Building a working pitlane, allthough isn't rocket science, requires a fair amount of work both routing the pitlane, building the switching track etc.

It depends if you want to have totally realistic racing experience or just a nice drive now and then.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
depends whether you want a modern or vintage pit lane .

For vintage, old plastic scalextric or if you can find mrrc buildings, these are good.

For new, there is SCX, scalextric in card. Carrera is bringing out a great new modern modular range of pit buildings and grandstands, and scalextric also are bringing out a modular plastic range of modern pit buildings and grandstands.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi Men,

I've got a few questions about Fly pit lanes and accessories :
- what is the size of those elements : lanes, walls and pitstations ? (would like to know if I have enaugh space for them in my new layout)
- are they worth the money ?

Thanks in advance ...

Fred

1 - 15 of 15 Posts