SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just fitted Pit-Pro to my track. I have an IN and EXIT sensor and under the second flag I have set the Pit-Pro and Pit Entry + Exit, before start.

The problem is SSDC doesn't seem to recognise the sensors. When I come into the pit lane and cross the first sensor and leave the throttle at zero nothing happens (I have refuel set at 1sec on zero throttle). Also, I don't get any reduction in pit lane speed. SSDC does reduce the car speed when I run out of fuel.

The PLG tower to PC comms is working fine showing GO/STOP, Countdown to start and refuelling lights for each car. Also, both sensors work when running the PLG in stand-alone mode. So, as far as I can see all the hardware is operating fine.

I've checked the throttle is returning to zero and have tried a number of them with a variety of cars. SSDC and firmware are at the latest versions.

All pit sensor settings have been tried and still no joy. I feel I must be doing something wrong, but I'm baffled as to what that can be - HELP!!!

·
Circuit Owner
5,925 Posts
Just a thought.

You don't mention whether you are pressing the lane change button to actually refuel.

After the 1 second delay you need to initiate refuelling by pressing and holding the lane change button.

When you let go of the button the refuelling will stop and off you go. This allows you to choose how much fuel you put in.

·
Administrator
10,158 Posts
Your right Mr M. But he said it doesn't recognise the car as it goes over the sensors, he should know if it does or not from Murray saying "..and into the pit-lane..." and the green light illuminating in SSDC.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
RS232 RX on Pit-Pro is obviously all right, sensors are all right, so that only leaves the RS232 TX from Pit-Pro to the PC.

Rich

·
Circuit Owner
5,925 Posts
In plain English that would mean your PitPro cable is knackered. The wires within that cable from the PC to the PitPro are OK but the wires taking messages from the PitPro back to the PC are probably broken.

Are you able to test continuity with a meter?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Not sure that plain English is helping. Could be the cable, but more likely to be the coupler or connections inside Pit-Pro

Rich

·
Circuit Owner
5,925 Posts
Fair enough.

Why didn't you say so then? At least I suggested something he could try, a continuity test would at least isolate or eliminate a potential fault.

Sorry Rich - don't mean to come across as tetchy. Plain English - you know it makes cents, errr scents, noooo ....... sense!!!

Other Rich

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I thought I had been helpful in indicating that the RX side of things were ok & that the fault would likely be in the TX side.... You carry on with the "it's knackered approach" ....

Rich

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Rich - what I was assuming.

In posting this on the forum I just wanted to make sure I had not missed something before concluding there was a fault.

As this is the first time I've used it since receiving it from you it's probably best I now revert to sending you a PM.

QUOTE (RichG @ 19 Mar 2012, 13:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>RS232 RX on Pit-Pro is obviously all right, sensors are all right, so that only leaves the RS232 TX from Pit-Pro to the PC.

Rich

·
Circuit Owner
5,925 Posts
QUOTE (Stevef1964 @ 19 Mar 2012, 14:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Only one way to solve this........

FIGGGHHHHTTTTT!!!!!!!!

Why?

Everybody is entitled to express their opinions. There's no hard feelings.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yeah, verily! Always feels good to see yet another problem solved by the genius minds on Slotforum. I could never have built my own track without you, guys - now in its fifth year. Thank you.

You're in good hands here, TM_Southport.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts