SlotForum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
That will become an awesome pitlane!

Especially with all the XLC's and the nice "Allianz" border between the garage area and the hotlane! Did you use self adhesive paper for the grey asphalt part? Or spraypaint? Anyway it looks fabulous!

Martin

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Martin

I've used a textured spray paint. Magic stuff, but a bit expensive.

I will get to the building of the pit garages, in the near future......

Thanx for the compliment, Cheers!

Tk

Hi All,

I've been busy in last few months and haven't posted in a while....

I've built the perches, installed them. Built the pit wall with some adds.

Designed and build lights - out of paper (thanks for all the info from papermodelers.com) and installed them as well.

Now my pit lane is done .... except for pit buildings - next project to come...... wait for it!

Some pics (day and night).

Thanx for watching!

Cheers & enjoy!

Theo.

QUOTE (TeeKay @ 9 Feb 2012, 21:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I like to add lighting to almost everything.

We are birds of a feather my friend! I did something similar with a video game screen inside the Carrera VIP tower lounge. It came out great, a pic was posted in my track thread of it. I would love to have the PowerPoint file PMed, thanks! (those pin stools are very a very creative idea!)

I love those light towers at pitlane. The poles actually seem tapered. Can't wait to see the finished pitlane, and many more lighting projects! I am currently having fun lighting all my emerg vehicles.

Jeff

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Jeff

PM me with your e-mail, I'll send you the ppt files for the pit lane as well as the lights.

Yes the lights are tapered and hexagon in shape. It took me a while to design and get to an acceptable point, but turned out quite nicely.

I have already started with the design of the pit garages, but work and other stuff keep me away rom finding the time. But as they say, all good things come in good time.

I have also designed flood lights - 3 clusters of 9 LEDs each - will build in the next week - We have a loooong weekend next week because of two public holidays in South Africa, thus hopefully I'll get some time to build, install and post!

Patience is the word!

Cheers!

W O W ! ! ! GREAT WORK ! ! !

mooi man!!!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.