SlotForum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Someone recently was asking after the Fly Pit Wall. No-one seems to have them now. At Slot Track Scenics we are looking at it as a possibility. Tooling is likely to be expensive so it would be good to get a sense of whether this would be of interest and if so whether any bits in particular would be important.

No promises except that we are looking into it seriously.

David Jessett

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
David, it might help to link to some pictures of these items for people to see, so I have included the following links:

Pendles - Fly Accessories

Fly Model Cars

Tienda Slot

Modelpolis

I hope that helps people determine what they want. If you were able to get the licence/patterns from GB-Fly one would hope it would help keep the cost down.

Cheers!

·
Registered
8 Posts
David,

Thank You for thinking about developing a pit wall. I am very interested in these items, depending on price and quality; the Fly pit wall could be a reference for this.

It would be great, if you could consider the dimensions of Scalextric track pieces when designing the pit wall parts. Which means: length of of 8.7cm, 17.5cm, 35cm ... width should be 6.5cm. Why? This is exactly the width of the gap between pit lane and main track, when building a pit lane with standard track pieces, also it is exactly the width of Scalextric borders, see also http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry589639

Let's dream: It would be best, if begin- and end-pit-wall-pieces could be fit into the S-shaped/reverse-S-shaped entry/exit of a pit lane ... OK, let me dream further ;-)

Many thanks for attention ...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Im def eagerly awaiting the pitwalls. All im waiting for is to be allowed space in the garage to start. However im working on the pitlane atm so all this pitlane stuff will be a very welcome addition. Hopefully David your getting enough feedback and numbers to show these will be a hit with us lot.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys,

It's very helpful to have that feedback. Keep it coming.

Rene, the idea is to make pit wall in sections of 175 mm long. We are also planning for it to fill that kind of gap. However we think it is rather narrower than 65mm wide but we will double check that.

We are currently working on a design but it will be a few months before we have anything much to show but may have more information before then. It is likely that we will get different parts out as they are ready. And until we are able to establish some costs we can't make any promises. However we are hopeful.

David

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Modern F1 pit walls is something I would def buy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey David, just wondering how your info and all is going with this idea?? Ive noticed a few of the fly pitwalls on ebay going for silly prices over the last 2 weeks. Plus the poll here im hoping gives you enough demand to make these.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Jamie,

Things are looking positive. Apart from the helpful comments on here we were at Ossett and had a few positive conversations with people there. So it is looking like it is on, provided the quotes aren't too horrendous for the tooling. It will be several months because just today we have been finalising the tooling for our next injection moulded products : Loudspeakers, flagpoles and tables for the Hospitality tents. However, once we have got those into production we can concentrate on the basic pit wall piece. They will be 175 mm x 65 mm. The plan is to release that as soon as possible and then bring the other pieces in as cash permits.

David

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Since the FLY designs included the Commissioner's Tower you may want to look at a start/finish gantry as well.
While not FLY designed, I have seen one for sale on eBay from someone in Turkey.... also has Control Tower, Marshall Tower, and Billboards, all laser cut from 2mm cardboard.

Are you willing to consider these as well?

Cheers!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think figures are always a sure thing....there are never enough figure options it seems...

Since i am/was hmmmm maybe will be again LOL a scratch-builder, I would be more apt to Build pitwall/control tower etc....But thats me....

There have been markets for these items in the past so its likely there will continue to be a market for them..........The downturn in the economy has affected many small enterprises and while this may not be the best time for alot of capital outlay, Planning now would give you an advantage when things improve...Not sure I would consider spending a pile of money on tooling at this time were I You...... but yea, I am rather conservative..

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Any consideration to laser cut plastic pieces to be assembled by the purchaser?

I see there is a fellow selling laser cut 2mm pressed board kits for assembly for control towers, start gantries, etc. ... selling on the auction site. Seller is in Turkey.

Maybe this is the easiest route especially for shipping costs.... laser cut pieces and we assemble.

Comments?
Cheers!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts