SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Circuit Owner
5,961 Posts
I happened when there were 6 of us racing last week. I think I heard it happen a couple of times when there was nobody in the pit and I was marshalling. I can't say I would have noticed it when I was actually racing so it may have happened many more times.

I can't say that anybody commented about their car slowing down dramatically to pit lane speed (I have it set to 50%).

It could be that something is triggering the sensor. I don't have flourescent lighting tubes which are the usual culprits but I do have energy saving bulbs which have one of those curly tubes (are they flourescent?) inside a candle bulb shaped cover and there are 5 of them almost directly over the pit. It was after dark so sunlight was not a factor.

I need to keep an eye out for it in future - by looking at the SSDC display to see who is flagged as being in the pits and asking them if their power just dropped.

I'm on firmware 1.06 and a version of SSDC from about 6 months ago.

· Circuit Owner
5,961 Posts
Andy,

I realise your question was aimed at Richard TB - but just in case it helps...

My setup is:

Firmware 1.06
SSDC v5.1.1.0
Pit Pro with entry and exit sensors
Pit setting to "Pit Entry + Exit : Exit Before Start" (pit is 1/2 way round the track).

I'm not sure what was triggering the random "into the pit" message - it was full on digital carnage so it could have been anything! However, reading the other posts - I have a very long straight (4 metres) with an R4 90 degree bend followed by a full straight and a straight lane changer. It is conceivable with my NASCARs that drivers were off the throttle at the end of the straight (no magnets so not much natural braking) and then pressing the LC button as this LC is needed to get off the fastest lane into the other lane to access the pits around the next couple of corners.

As SSDC is aware I have PitPro this shouldn't be the issue but who knows!

Richard

· Circuit Owner
5,961 Posts
QUOTE (RikoRocket @ 6 Mar 2012, 22:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its only a setting - you have to select in SSDC that there is a pit lane monitor, without that then of coure you can refuel anywhere and if you have zero throttle and lane change button pressed then SSDC will assume you are in the pits. That is not a bug... There are loads of Pit-Pro out in the community, properly set up they don't have any problem. Nanook, start SSDC and click on the right hand chequered flag at the top bar. Select "Pit entry and exit: exit after start".
Sadinoel - if there had been a problem I would have expected some of the guys that are seasoned Pit-Pro users to have flagged it.

Riko - my layout is stacked away at the moment so I can't test BUT I am pretty sure I have a com port selected for PitPro - last time we raced; people were steaming through the pit lane because they pressed the LC button by mistake (newbies - only second time ever racing digital), they were going straight through the pit without stopping and were getting the "and into the pits" message. They were slowing to 50% speed whilst going through the pit lane. This suggests the PitPro is linked to a com port unless you tell me otherwise. We were still getting random "and into the pits" announcements during races where there was nobody in the pits - I was marshalling on some of the occasions this happened so I can be absolutely certain this is what was happening.

Only one thing occurs to me that might explain it - the Powerbase went into safe mode due to frayed braids on one car. So I rebooted everything. I think I may have rebooted the PC before the APB - does SSDC remember port settings or does it forget them if it doesn't find a PitPro connected and waiting when it boots up? Sorry - I wasn't looking for this to happen so I didn't document it.

· Circuit Owner
5,961 Posts
OK so my issue with random pit lane entry announcement is not PitPro com port related then.

Would the energy saving bulbs (curled flourescents inside a candle bulb wrapping x 5) directly above my pit lane be a possible cause?

I'm going to upgrade to 1.09 and the latest SSDC by the way - I was just waiting for the recent lap counting issues to settle down and now they have I am just being a bit lazy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.