SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
4,847 Posts
QUOTE (Richard TB @ 7 Mar 2012, 02:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I checked and sure enough I had no pit lane selected. Selected a com port and all is well. This brings me to another quick question. the reason I am not using pitpro is that the cable is too short to reach from the PC to PitPro. I tried uding a telephone extension cable but PitPro does not work with that extension cable in line. Do I need a special PitPro extension cable to make it work?

During the design I decided that 4M was the max length cable I wanted to be used. It will work with longer but even 4M is well beyond the design spec for TTL level signals that are being transmitted.

You can extend the RJ11 cable, however at some point things will become unreliable. The reason why your telephone cable did not work will be that it did not have all 4 pins connected, just the middle two. Best solution as has been sugested is a USB extension cable.

Rich

· Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Some types of lighting or sunlight can cause problems with any of the opto sensors, be they Pit, Powerbase or Lane Change. That said the Pit-Pro if anything sufferes from a lack of sensitivity and other than wrong com port selections there has been very little false detection. The code is quite tight and it needs some precise timing over a couple of cycles for a car to be recognised.

Best thing is to temporarily shade the pit sensors and see if the problem goes away?

Rich

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.