SlotForum banner

Pittman 6001BB

856 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  dgersh 
#1 ·
I don't really know why but I've always wanted one of these motors. I finally got one recently for what I thought was a very reasonable price, especially considering they were $9.99 new way back. This one does not appear to have been used. I'll have too put that righe and build a car round it.

Cheers

John

See less See more
#4 ·
Amen Eddie, amen!

First time that's ever happened to me: only fitting since I'm always bragging that I've never had a pinion come unsoldered, and never even thought about the possibility of a lead wire coming unsoldered...

Don't really know if if was a bad joint to begin with (from 2 or 3 years ago...), or it overheated - in any case my Ferrari was probably the fastest car at Flanders (straight line speed), so you've made a good choice John!

Anyway, maybe the lesson is that it pays to redo solder joints after a couple of years - bulletproofing, eh?

There does seem to be some variation in armature windings and some motors are faster than others. I think they did a regular and an "X" wind - they did advertise a hot arm, but not sure this was ever in a production motor. In any case, I've got two of these ball bearing models, both very fast!

Don

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.