SlotForum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well

Carrera and Scalextric have announced their respective 'CARS 2' lineup - and I must say I hope there are more on the horizon. I haven't seen the movie but given that both companies have offered the same second car I guess it has a big role in the movie.

I guess I am just a little disappointed that they both have offered the same car - when there was an opportunity to offer something different.

Hope they have success and so release Finn McMissile or Nigel Gearsley or Jeff Gorvette just to name a few.

The next questions is which will be the better runner? Will definitely be picking up one Lightning McQueen.
cheers
DM

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
That's got to be a huge disappointment for the Cars fans out there, and a bit of a strategy bungle on the side of the companies, surely. I suppose Carrera will win in the German market and Scalex in the British one, but that still leaves a lot of the world to fight over. And someone is going to struggle.

Surely a smarter move would've been to produce models to compliment rather than compete directly.

Ah well. I feel like I'm the only one around here that isn't a Cars fan. I adore Pixar films and have done since I first saw Luxor Junior at an A.U.S.O.M. club meet in 198X. But Cars left me cold and all I could see was licencing dollars.

·
Dave Kennedy
541 Posts
Keep in mind that in you live in North America, the only licensed Cars 2 sets will come from Carrera.

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no Phil Carrera have announced Evolution and Digital132 cars as well as the GO cars

more options in 1/43

cheers
DM

·
Peter Farrell
2,114 Posts
Well as i'm not a six year old I don't think I shall be rushing out to buy either of these offerings.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Gotta Disagree, these'll be fun to run, and hope they add some of the other characters, remember,

"They're only Toy Cars"

·
Registered
270 Posts
Here you go Cars 2 The Gearsley set is in the Micro range, you need the Start set.

Must say I'm, sorry my son is, really looking forward to these cars too.

·
Dave Kennedy
541 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts