SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Craft stores sell foam rubber in various density and thickness, I've gone that way with a couple of builds where clearance between the mount, body and interior are an issue.
I built up a 917k and a gt40 about ten years ago for a customer where i built up the body with balsa to mount to, as too much foam makes for a sloppy body, and nobody wants to look at that. Looking at pslot's 917k image and how long ago it was i'm guessing i was fitting a 1700 chassis with vertical mounts. Back then i had no idea what the chassis was, just that a body needed to be made pretty and attached to the supplied shiny chassis.

Fyi stock 1900 mounts are vertical, whereas the 1900s mounts are horizontal. If your car is new the mounts should be attached but may not look it. I've seen quite some variation in 'factory' assembly quality, but never missing metal parts. I did buy one aftermarket that was sealed and marked as new but was missing the foam, I assumed it just wasn't quite as new as was advertised.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Use as contact adhesive to attach the foam to the body mounts, then use the glue the same way as pva or epoxy, not as a contact adhesive. The most difficult part is removing from the mounts when you retire a body.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts