SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Well I'm guessing that you have either of these mounting brackets. And next is what type of body are you using hard body or lexen? Basically your using a bit of foam between the bracket and the body, which gives you a little movement. I use a slow drying apoxy and leave it over night to dry,it gives you plenty of time to get your body sitting right. With the lexen body's don't glue strait to paint use double sided tape or normal tape and glue to the tape. Set up body as usual ,set the mounting brackets out a touch wider than the body and once dry adjust back to normal.
Handwriting Office supplies Writing implement Office equipment Netbook
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Grey Grille
Automotive tire Gas Bumper Auto part Wood
Guitar accessory Finger Engineering Electrical wiring Wire

·
Registered
984 Posts
You should of got the foam with your chassis ,I use apoxy because shoe goo is near on impossible to get in Australia now or at least in QLD! If anyone knows of a source of shoe goo please let me know,
Handwriting Rectangle Font Material property Tints and shades

·
Registered
984 Posts
Here's the parts sheat for both 1900s and the 1900 chassis.this is what you should get when you buy a chassis, I've never had a problem.
John.
Handwriting Rectangle Font Material property Tints and shades
Schematic Rectangle Font Parallel Floor plan
Rectangle Font Schematic Parallel Plan

·
Registered
984 Posts
Dense foam - ordered! Ta, @pslot

For reference, here's my packaging.

View attachment 306107

No foam and what I now learn are horizontal mounting plates - hence no foam, I guess.🤷‍♂️

Um? How do they work, then?? The horizontals? Do you put posts in the shell and drill holes in the plates? :unsure:

@rastas, that was, quite literally the thread I linked to earlier with the amusing kick-off rant. Some sound advice, too.
This is basically how they both come from ace hobby's I have changed the wheels the foam is under the base card , the difference between
Light Automotive tire Product Automotive wheel system Engineering

1900s and the 1900 chassis.
John.
Notice the difference between the 4 mounting brackets!
Hood Circuit component Toy Motor vehicle Computer hardware
Bumper Rectangle Automotive exterior Asphalt Gas
Black Floor Automotive tire Rectangle Flooring
Circuit component Automotive tire Urban design Asphalt Landscape

Attachments

·
Registered
984 Posts
I have the same package as John here.
John are the tyres on the 1900S the stock ones? I got only the 1900 and they come with foam tyres?
Where did you get these runner tyres?
No there BRM front Trans am rims and tires 14", for a couple old ford stock cars I'm building , Both chassis came with foam tires.
John.

·
Registered
984 Posts
The flat horizontal mounts are mounted the same way as the 90 degree vertical ones. A bit of foam on each end usually and then glue foam to the body.
I have a few Plafits will post some photos tonight. I have found in the past that its a bit of a dark arts. I bought a chassis kit and couldn't find any instructions to put it together. :)
I was in the same boat to, when I brought my first kit ,the 1800 series SLP2LK-SW-GT3 , found pictures and used them as a guide.
John.

·
Registered
984 Posts
On each end? Not the length of the plate? I mean, with it being so thin the amount of plate actually pushing on the foam seems small but to only have that pushing at either end seems... preposterous. 🤔 Or maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

Please do take some snaps but there's no rush on my part.

Gio, two of the cars I'm planning to do have long wheelbases so I decided to 'ave it large.

With several of the comments made about the complexity of assembly and a dearth of instructions I am so glad I didn't go with kits. Although I might next time, now I've a reference point.

I gotta say, I don't gotta but I'm gonna, the style of the logos on the packaging, the lack of a manufacturer's website, coupled with the Meccano-like construction of the items themselves gives me the impression that Noah probably once ran these things.:oops:
You don't put it on the end, lay the foam on-top of the bracket with a little bit over the edge 1-2mm and it's the 1-2mm that is glued to the body.
On each end? Not the length of the plate? I mean, with it being so thin the amount of plate actually pushing on the foam seems small but to only have that pushing at either end seems... preposterous. 🤔 Or maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

Gio, two of the cars I'm planning to do have long wheelbases so I decided to 'ave it large.

With several of the comments made about the complexity of assembly and a dearth of instructions I am so glad I didn't go with kits. Although I might next time, now I've a reference point.

I gotta say, I don't gotta but I'm gonna, the style of the logos on the packaging, the lack of a manufacturer's website, coupled with the Meccano-like construction of the items themselves gives me the impression that Noah probably once ran these things.:oops:

This is an example of how to use the horizontal body mounts.

Attachments

·
Registered
984 Posts
@GRUNZ, patience; all will be revealed... years later.🤗

@rastas, thanks for the photos - thicker foam! Well, d'uh! At me.

Back to eBay, then. For... thicker foam than I'd ordered. 🙄

Also thanks for that website clue. It doesn't appear quite as closed as the ancient message from 2016 suggests but my Japanese isn't as good as it never was. 😬

Just adds to the inscrutable conundrum that is Plafit. 🤷‍♂️
Yes, I spent a bit of time doing searches for information on it myself,and what you have seen here is about all I could find, the rest is just trial and error! When you get over all the parts and look at the chassis it's self it's just another slot car chassis and treat it the same as you would with any other chassis!
Cheers,
John.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts