SlotForum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Like K, I agree that left corner - short straight - left corner or right corner - short straight - right corner are totally annoying. I also don't like 90 degree corners. What K has done really smooths out your layout. I also wouldn't bother with a tunnel as you really don't need one and visually they are distracting.
Elevations are great. Assuming you will run clockwise, your peak would be at the top, back, right corner and after that you have a serpentine downgrade to the straight. I would have the blue sweeping right hander onto the back straight and the hairpin inside of it at about the same elevation.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Like K, I agree that left corner - short straight - left corner or right corner - short straight - right corner are totally annoying. I also don't like 90 degree corners. What K has done really smooths out your layout. I also wouldn't bother with a tunnel as you really don't need one and visually they are distracting.
Elevations are great. Assuming you will run clockwise, your peak would be at the top, back, right corner and after that you have a serpentine downgrade to the straight. I would have the blue sweeping right hander onto the back straight and the hairpin inside of it at about the same elevation.
Thank you! I was hoping to try out K's suggestion today but I am missing a few pieces. I have had a little time to drive the layout after hearing the feedback and all mentioned is true! The flow can be much better! I like your thoughts on the elevation and will give it a try when I get the suggested track going.

Maybe I am being silly but looking at the course now it just seems a little plain to base full scenery around, I just feel like it needs a few more interesting sections... Maybe I am just going through the more is better phase or not realizing how it will be once fully set up.

Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
Hello Minime
Lots of good info given by forum members on track lay-out etc etc.
If I may add my 2 cts on scenery...less is more. Every tree, Pit building and or Grand stand will shrink your track optically by a huge amount. The trick here is keep it minimal, but do pay as much attention to detail on the scenery details you add.... and suggest space.
A great inspirational example of simple but extremely well executed scenery can be found on Pip Slot's FB page

with kind regards
Tamar

p.s. Oops I just discovered that Pip Slot has a great topic here on SF, all the info you need on how to do great scenery

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hello Minime
Lots of good info given by forum members on track lay-out etc etc.
If I may add my 2 cts on scenery...less is more. Every tree, Pit building and or Grand stand will shrink your track optically by a huge amount. The trick here is keep it minimal, but do pay as much attention to detail on the scenery details you add.... and suggest space.
A great inspirational example of simple but extremely well executed scenery can be found on Pip Slot's FB page

with kind regards
Tamar

p.s. Oops I just discovered that Pip Slot has a great topic here on SF, all the info you need on how to do great scenery
Hi Tamar,

You are right, less will in the end be more! I am new, so I have the more, more, more problem right now! Thank you for the link, excited to take a look at all the info the picture you posted looks amazing! I love the texture on the track.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts