SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all --

Am I correct in my understanding that due to the flexibility of Scaley Sport track, that if designs created in Tracker 2000 don't exactly line up, there's still a good chance they'll work?

-- Pete

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
My understanding is that as long as you're close the give will let you line it up. Nice circuit by the way. Looks like fun.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for the comments. I plan on elevating the hairpin section, and possibly raising the "esses" slightly (I suppose they aren't true "esses", but it sounds more knowledgeable than "the wiggly part"). Here's a better picture:

Thanks again.

-- Pete

P.S. If I understand Tracker 2000 properly, this layout fits a 5' x 9' area

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
hi,
I use Tracker2000 a lot with my track plans, and with a gap that small even Carrera track has no problem adjusting. I think the curves you have will act like expansion joints as well.

regards,
John

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
When I built my circuit in my loft a few years back I just built it as I went along. I had a picture in my mind and it went together quite well. When I obtained Tracker 2000 a couple of years back and drew it out, it was a good full width of a straight out.

M

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments everybody. I finally obtained enough track to lay this design out. It comes together smoothly, with no need for flexing.

I seem to recall that the guy who created Tracker 2000 had difficulty getting consistent measurements with Scaley track sections, so they rarely (if ever) line up perfectly in the program.

Thanks again!

Pete

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.