SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I was wondering if anybody has any plans for making display cabinets? I love the ones shown Here and would really appreciate if anybody had suggestions on the best way to make DIY ones.

Thanks

Iain

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi iain

We just made some from 12mm MDF routed the slots on the back and sides to allow for clear plastic shelves and also made the top on the u it with a small box section to take 3 down lights to shine down through the plastic shelves.

Looks awesome, cost about £40 to build in total. Also if you buy the MDF from B&Q they will do upto 15 cuts on there machine for you. Just take the measurements with you.

Then router the sides and back, cut the plastic shelves to suit and glue them in using no more nails. Lights are optional.

Our display unit can hold about 28 cars in there boxes (nsr) or upto 40 without boxes.

Good luck

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi benj

Do you have any photos of the completed cabinets? I was debating keeping the shelves mdf and then putting clear plastic or glass doors on the cabinet.

Thanks

Iain

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.