SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is a really elemental question, but, can someone explain the difference between 'Resin' & 'Plastic' for me? - Not the chemistry just as labels when referring to slot cars.

I'm just starting to discover slot cars as a hobby rather than just knowing of Scalextric as a toy - have joined a club and bought the cars for the various classes raced, but I also am interested in cars that mean something to me.

All the cars driven by my childhood rally heroes appear to be 'Resin' and pretty pricey. Is this just because 'Resin' adds more detail....?

Many thanks.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Fergy.

Are there any considerations as far as resilience to 'offs' are concerned? - If I find a car that I want is only available as Resin, am I likely to find that it's more fragile than plastic?

I'm not one for buying cars just to stick on the shelf. Anything I buy is going to get used, so should I wait until until I learn my craft and keep a car in its slot before buying resin - or just get what what I like and can afford ignoring the Resin/Plastic label?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.