SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I took delivery of a some Betta bodies from AB slotsport at the weekend, some in White plasticard .030" thick and some in lexan .010"(for windows).

Among them were the 917 LH's from 1969, these seemed to capture the curves of the prototype really well so started on these first.

A couple of hours later with the scaple and some sandpaper, they're really starting to capture the look.

I'll be using the lexan bodies for the windows,

The bodies have been shaped to suit a Fly 917 chassis, and are now painted and ready to decorate,

I'm going to attempt the No.12 & No.14 cars of Le mans, I'll post some more pics when I've completed some more of the detail work. I have a couple of old GB track Porsche spyders which I'll use for the detail parts such as interiors fuel caps etc and chassis.

I've built the protoslotkit 908LH which is excellent but for £2.60 per body, some time, and the donor GB track parts these are well worth building to add to my stable. I'll post some more pics soon....

In the meantime if anyone could offer me some advice on the best way to mount these bodies to the fly/GB track chassis I would really appreciate it....

Marlon.

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
Very nice Marlon, and well carried out.

These are excellent bodies, although I don't have the Porsche I have others.

As for mounting the bodies, there are several methods :-

1) Pin mounting.- Easy with these bodies, just get some thin tube of slightly larger diameter than the pin, cut to length and glue to the chassis at right angles to the body. I suggest using Araldite or similar.

2) Andy Brown- Searle is the UK agent for TSRF bits and he can supply some of the excellent mounting brackets, which are L shaped in section. All you need to do is drill a couple of holes in the chassis to accept the bolt supplied with the mounting kit and glue one side of the bracket to the side of the body. The bolt screws into a captive nut on the bracket.

3) Drill appropriate number of holes in your chassis then use Plastistrut tube, of the same diameter as your screw and set the height of the tube to the correct ride height of your car. Glue the top of the tube to the car body. I can send you pictures of this method, (or indeed all these methods) if you like.

Other alternatives are a body mounting kit from Patto's Place, (similar to 3) or using a block of balsa wood or similar. You will find details of this method in the archives, I think it was a post by Swissracer.

Regards

Alan

PS I have some spare decals from the Topslot kit which are for #21 Martini car if you would like them. They are not much use to me so if you can use them you are welcome to have them.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alan,

Many thanks for the info on the mounting, I'll probably try a couple of methods you've suggested and see which one works best for these.

Once again thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's an update on my attempt to build the 3 entries of le mans 1969, using these superb betta vac formed bodies and fly GB track chassis,

The No.10 is now complete with chassis using the pin mounting method (thanks Alan), all the decals are home made. The fuel caps were taken from the donor cars and added, Elford's car just needs a chassis now,

Just the rear spoliers and interiors left to do which I'll take from the donor cars.
Regards, MAF

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.