SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
just a quick question for anyone who has used Plasticote textured stone paint or similar. I need to know how grippy the paint surface is as I'm looking to use Plasticote on my track and could be having quite a steep climb / decent and will need a lot a grip for this section. I will be spraying onto Artin plastic track.

Thanks

·
Ian
99 Posts
Hello Beardy,
I have used Plasticote it does add to the grip levels (I'm on scalex sport) however I have only had it on for a short period of time and I have noticed the is a definate wear pattern appearing.

Ian

·
Prof I T
11,161 Posts
hi
instead of trying to add grip with paint have you considered trying some different tyres.??

I have just switched to eurethane's and the grip on routed wood is excellent...

·
Ian
99 Posts
BigBird are you sure!

QUOTE (bigbird @ 28 Feb 2010, 22:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi to all.
do not whant to go down the road of changing tyres i have about 70 cars at moment.quite like the idea of the track being rubbered in with tyre marks being left behind.would add a very realistic look.
cheers ade

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Hey Beardy

I would consider 2 or 3 layer of matt clear coat over your newly painted track surface, the plasticoat is not as hard as it looks and will wear down to reveal the bare track surface.
Do some sample try outs first as Plasticoat can react to some types of clear coat.
Grip will come as youir track gets "rubbered in"

with kind regards
Tamar

1 - 8 of 8 Posts