Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have done a search and can't find the info I need.
I have a Platinum series (with the two power supplies) and have started extending the track.
My question is how big can the track get before I run into power issues.
Sometimes the cars seem to slow then speed up but it could be my imagination. If this topic has been covered (and most likely has) a link to the thred would be greatly appreciated as I can't find it.

Cheers
Monkeynut

·
Registered
97 Posts
The length of the track isn't that important , what is important is power taps. my track is 150' long with 10 lane changers and I have 12 power taps. IMHO I put powertaps every 10-15'.
also make sure all track connectons are secure, you may have to crimp the connectors if they are loose. after the track is put together find a product called INOX it makes a huge difference in the conductivity and you will have to clean the track less often. with digital tracks it's imperative to have excellent conductivity or you will notice all kinds of issues. also keep your braids neat and trim. You will also want to get the pc cable from RichG or RickoRocket so you can update your powerbase to the latest firmware and have the ability to have race management, there are only 2 software programs at this time for SSD. 1st- SSDC (scalextric sport digital console) or PcLapcounter. both are excellent and you can test them for free.
Welcome to the digital world, I know you will enjoy it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts