SlotForum banner

Please Help: Power Issue

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  WBC 
#1 ·
Guys,

I've just set my sons track up for when he gets in from school.

I'm have an issue;

The track is analogue sport. With a car on each lane and pressing one of the controllers, both cars move incredibly slowly, when you press the second controller, both cars speed up to the point of them flying off of the track within about 15cm's.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

#2 ·
Hi

Have you used any 'cross overs' in the set up? If you have make sure you've used an even number. Also if it's the Sport PB make sure the blue switch is set to the correct number, 1 or 2, to match the amount of power plugs you have plugged into it.

Hope this helps, I'm sure others with more knowledge will be of more help if I'm wrong.

Cheers
Paul

#3 ·
Stace,
Dissappointed you went with sport track, anyway you will have crossed the wires somewhere, if you have put any power taps or extension leads on the track best to remove these and start again, another thing that crooosed my mind have you got crossover tracks and how many, you need an even number otherwise you are powering both tracks an odd number equal a short!!!.
Zen

#4 ·
Gents,

Thanks for your help, you've answered my question.

I had put one crossover on the track. I assumed it would be more fun and would essentially double the track length.

Any way to put a single crossover in?

Zendragon, whats wrong with the sport track?

Thanks

#5 ·
You can double the track length by doubling the amount of track used.
You can double the track length by halving the number of lanes and using the same amount of track.
You cannot have it both ways.

If you want a single cross over no problem except what you end up with is essentially one lane not 2.

#7 ·
QUOTE (Stace @ 10 Jun 2011, 16:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>whats wrong with the sport track?

Nothing is wrong with it

Some people just slate it for no reason but as long as you use it correctly you will have no problems

The problems arise when you take it up and down and the track spreads
but all you need to do is make sure you crimp the rails when you take it down ready to go next time

Crimping is just making sure you get a nice tight fit where the lugs fit into the next peice of track

Turn track over and you will see tabs at the end of each track peice just use a flat blade screw driver to push them down

Hope your son enjoys it

Michael

#11 ·
Micheal
I have never slated something without good reason and will not justify you with an answer.
Stace,
I think you are thinking of the cross tracks these are not the same as crossover tracks they could be used to join a figure of eight track together where a crossover track cannot, but I dont know if these are available in sport track they were in the old original scalex track.
Regards
Zen

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
Don't think I was asking for an answer there is not a question mark in my answer

I was just letting him know what some of the issues that he could face are and how to overcome them
As when used correctly you will have no issues with Scalex sport track at all

Respectfully

Michael

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.