SlotForum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I suppose it would have to be my friend from down under Lynne Haines or Ember to those who remember her from 2013 only a little home track scaley sport but what got me was her detail work and the clear pictures, i know she won't mind me sharing a few with you .

Attachments

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
The old Leicester 1 track back in the ECRA days. I wish I had a pic of it, but mine are long gone by now.

Five lanes, beautifully routed, with a massively long straight diagonally across the room, leading into 'The Mother of all Bankings"! Awesome to drive so ling as you kept your nerve and just eased the throttle going into the banking.
thumbsup.gif

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
There can only be one, the M.E.S.A.C Track, Hawthorne CA, 1965-77. Switchable for seven different 6-lane courses (37-189ft), with full scenic detail. Theses pics are scanned from the July 1965 Model Car & Track Mag. Sorry for the scribble on the De Tomaso course - I got a bit excited in 1965!

Creative arts Font Mesh Pattern Tints and shades

Mesh Rectangle Font Black-and-white Wood

Font Handwriting Pattern Drawing Art

Handwriting Gesture Rectangle Font Pattern

Andy

Attachments

·
Graham Windle
4,495 Posts
Hi Gordon,
As far as I know it never got reconstructed. Pendle Slotracing moved to their current premises and built a new track.
Very popular meeting held on the old track in 2006 details here:-
https://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13572&page=1 Surprisingly quite a few photos remain!
Eddie
The track at the new premises was an updated version of the Preston track .I cant remember what happened to the old track As I was preparing to live in Crete around the time of the move . Sean may fill this in for us

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Greg - agreed. However, I was smart enough years ago to save them off! Here are a few!

Toy Grass Wheel Leisure Recreation

Toy Grass Wheel Leisure Recreation

Plant Art Grass Tree Billboard

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Plant Car Vehicle

Table Wheel Vehicle Toy Plant

Rectangle Art Urban design Font Line

Attachments

·
Registered
13,906 Posts
Mitch

A few recent pics below of my fave Mess. I race on it each day and I'm, sort of, used to it. My weekly 'club' meeting this evening, which serves as a vaccination against the madding crowd, and anaesthetic against a certain individual member of my clan who is, seemingly, only happy when draining the contents of my drinks'cabinet.

Attachments

·
Master Driver
92 Posts
The Old Pendle Track was sadly dismantled in 2009 when we moved premises and it could not be saved as it was made to last with all the joins filled and smoothed taped in one go and build on a good old solid frame work.

Just as we moved premises we bought the old Preston Track which came up for sale but needed a lot of work and over a few years we altered 3 times before finally replacing it with our current track in 2019.

Original Pendle Scalextric Club Track 1996 -2009

Pendle Scalextric Club Track 2009 - 2019

Pendle Scalextric track alterations 2009 & 2011. We did also add another section I think in 2012 to replace the hairpin with a more technical section.

Current Club Track 2019 - The track was designed with the Help of club member Gary Smales and Angelo Amato. It was designed to promote closer racing and the lanes are all with in 0.03mm of each other. It is a fast flowing track but is more difficult than it looks to get the perfect balance of speed and handling. It was manufactured by Slot Fire and we sourced the legs and other pieces locally.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.