SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can anybody recommend these kits if they have used them and if so, did they worlk really well?

Cheers

Ben

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi MR MAX.

I have used them on a shed load of old Classical Track....they works wonders with little elbow grease needed.

The rails come up brand new...however, I feel there is one draw back. They make the track slippery. The guide says to poor more water on but this doesnt seem to help.

Its not a problem for me as I run retro cars and rally cars, so the more power slids the better.

Hope this helps.

Overall, I would recommend.

Regards

Neil

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much, I have been asking around to see what people think of them and everybody says they work wonders. I've tried other methods of track cleaning but none work successfully. I begin to wonder what he puts in them to make them work so well!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi,

I dont know whats in there.....you do get more blocks than fluid, ratio is a bit out on the fluid. If I knew someone in the chemical industry I'd have a go at copying!!!! (unofficial of course!).

Neil

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well at £8.99 for the largest kit which has 200ml of fluid, 40 cleaning blocks, 10 ft of cloth, I' wont complain. I bought one yesterday because I had already done some research to see how well they work and I haven't seen one complaint about them yet! It says they can do 200 pieces of track.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi,

Nope, its all rather cheap really.

The kits will do 200 pieces of not to badly darkened track, but I doubt your thumbs will survive them being done all in one go!. I would be surprised if you could stand doing more than 4 pieces in a sittings!.

Good luck and enjoy! (NOT!).

Regards

Neil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts