SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
Both BeeJay and Jonny made points about plinths / presentation boxes in the 956 thread.

I'd agree - cars are screwed on too tight. It was a right mare getting a recent SCX Xsara of the plinth.

My Scaley Taurus was screwed on tighter than an NHS budget also, a relieif to see it didnt affect the chassis.

What do you think? Should they have a presentation box or a plinth?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
yes, have a plakky base and plakky lid, ninco esque and have the same clip, no, Slot it boxes are great, they have a whatsit on the base to hold the car off it. Slot.it are the best and there small just get rid of the silly paper sleave

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Just leave the box open!

They add a bit of adult appeal to what is otherwise perceived as a toy that you will find on the shelves at Toys R Us.

Your kids at home will play with the collection that is in the crystal case, but they will leave the boxed items well alone! It works. Trust me. The boxed items are in much better condition.

Moped

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Got 900 plus cars Mope so no can do. Space challenged now. l like to see em stacked and visible. Appreciate keeping direct sun light off the car is an advantage. Our local shop keeper doesn`t like them as he cannot shift the Sport versions as the punters cannot see the car. `Toy Shop Alan` cleared all his Sport versions for less than RRP on standard versions. Happy me

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Our local shopkeeper opens them up and puts "limited edition" messages on card all over them and places them behind a glass counter. I suppose doing this does increase his sales overhead and I can see a shopkeepers point of view on this one but boxes are seen as upmarket and we cannot get away from that.

Moped

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
True , but telling punters that the car will increase in value cos it`s limited (local laddo in Bromsgrove to undercover club member yesterday) does stretch things and or mean less cars are actually run? I`m guilty of that myself. Truth is whatever the secondary aspects concerning display functionality etc, the car surely should not be damaged as a result of it`s packaging?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I like the plinths and crystal cases. There just more practical (for me anyway). I stack them in columns of four and they look quite smart. I have only purchased one model where the retaining screw was too tight, there was no lasting damage, obviously a friday afternoon item.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts