SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some cars, that have plastic wheels on, but they come off with the slightest touch, what is the best way to keep them in place, and also will need to true and glue the tyres on, I don't want to replace with alloys.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Superglue would do it, I guess. It's what I've used in the past and it's worked well and hasn't proved too difficult to remove them afterwards either. Unless you squirt it in by the gallon of course - just a drop has been enough for me. Make sure the axle and wheel are grease-free.

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
If they are plastic rims on non-knurled axles you may do well to take a slightly angled knotch out of the axle before gluing the wheel hub in place. The knotch will give the air somewhere to escape to when you glue the wheel hub in place. Super glue is fine it can easily be shock/broken off if desired.

·
Ray
1,093 Posts
Just one other option drill a very small diameter hole through the axle hole to allow the air to escape very similar to Embers suggestion.

Also it is suggested that you rotate the wheel when gluing in.

regards

Ray

·
Ray
1,093 Posts
Just one other option drill a very small diameter hole through the axle hole to allow the air to escape very similar to Embers suggestion.

Also it is suggested that you rotate the wheel when gluing in.

regards

Ray

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
I use the same method as Ember an Ratracer. I file or pinch with cutters some angled grooves at the end of the axle to allow the air to escape and the glue somewhere to hide. Tiny, tiny drip of glue is all thats required

I totally agree with rotating the wheel as you push it in place. This method works really well even on powerful cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts