SlotForum banner

Points for discussion

3K views 32 replies 8 participants last post by  penfold 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Firstly and most importantly it was good to be back racing after the xmas break and great to see Ashley winning a night after so many near misses. Well done mate

Points for discussion,

Several drivers voiced concerns that as we were no longer running a Slot-It class thay had expensive cars that weren't being used so could the class be bought back?

Scratchbuilds in Open GT?

Club cars, good or bad?

Split the year into 3 seasons (Spring, Summer, Autumn) with a trophy/cup/shield awarded at the end for each class (like we do for xmas special).

Only run 4 classes per season, ie, If we had 6 classes 2 would be dropped at certain times of the year.

Open Ninco, Limit to JGTC cars only, NC5 motor and with free choice of gears/wheels (ie same rules as Ford GT).

Run a few Rally events during the year.

Rules.

Anything else not already covered?

See less See more
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
JGTC is based on "Super GT" in Japan: (JGTC = Japan Grand Touring Car Championship)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_GT

They have raced Honda NSX, Nissan 350z & GTR, Toyota Supra, Lexus, Ferrari 360, Moslers, Lotus Exige, Ford GT and 911's.

ASL ASL Garaiya 2005, 2007-2011
Aston Martin Aston Martin V8 Vantage 2010-present
Audi Audi R8 2012-present
BMW BMW Z4 2008-2009, 2011-present
Chevrolet Chevrolet Corvette C6 2005, 2008
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2011-present
Ferrari Ferrari 360 2005-2009
Ferrari F430 2007-present
Ferrari 458 Italia 2011-present
Ford Ford GT 2006
Honda Honda NSX 2005
Lamborgini Lamborghini Murciélago 2005-2009
Lamborghini Gallardo 2007-present
Lexus Lexus IS 350 2008-present
Lotus Lotus Exige 2005
Mazda Mazda RX-7 1995-2010
Mooncraft Mooncraft Shiden 2006-2011
Mosler Mosler MT900 2005-2007, 2010-present
Nissan Nissan Fairlady Z 2005-2010
Porsche Porsche 911 GT3 2005-present
Porsche Boxster 2005-2010
Porsche 968 2005
Subaru Subaru Impreza WRX STi 2005-2008
Subaru Legacy 2009-2011
Subaru BRZ 2012-present
Toyota Toyota MR-S 2005-2008
Toyota Celica 2005-2008
Toyota Corolla Axio 2009-2011
Toyota Prius 2012-Present
Vemac Vemac RD 2005-present

#4 ·
This one will have to be discussed by members as to have a class called ninco open which isn't really what the title suggests is daft, you could replace it with slot it, or a missh mash of the two but say only boxer motors and slot it running gear so you keep both makers of cars available to use. It's the only waist the moment I can see to try and keep most people happy, or the current ninco's just psc 32 the lot?

#5 ·
Everyone was quite vocal last Friday so it's a shame there's not more comments!

Anyway I'll add my thoughts,

Slot-It - agree this was a mistake so stop it, we could bring it back in it's own right or maybe run it in GT on a rota basis (1 week as it is now & 1 week Slot -It only).

Scratchbuilds - nice idea but how many can be bothered.

Club cars - like both makes but maybe two club nights was a bit much so run alternate as one class.

Split the year into 3 seasons with trophy - Love this idea.

Only run 4 classes per season - Love this idea.

Open Ninco - Agree the Ford GT & Mosler shouldn't be in it but still think it should be any Ninco anglewinder. On reflection I wouldn't have voted for this class.

Rally events - Love this idea.

Rules - Nothing to add.

Anything else - Drivers nominate ONE car per class per night, If it breaks hard luck.

#7 ·
And me, Ash, and me!
But I think that it would create a more interesting championship...

We should add that NO illegal / out of class cars to be used. I hate it when someone is winning all the races but "it wont count" as he is using an illegal car. That just messes up the fun for me.

QUOTE (Invicta @ 17 Jan 2012, 13:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Split the year into 3 seasons with trophy - Love this idea.

.... If it breaks hard luck.

Split the trophy into 3 Nick??? didn't we do that recently???

My tuppence:

I would say lets get down to just two nights, four classes rather than 3 nights six classes

Classes:

I think we should spice up the open GT by BANNING NSR cars, wheels, and tyres. This should then make the Slot.it cars more competitive.

I would like the NSR Porsche class be opened up to all NSR cars so we are not binning too much.

Dump one of the club classes, but definitely keep one (I don't care which one)

Open up the Ninco Ford GT class - same fundamental rules as existing - standard motor, any axles tyres gears, and now include a specific list of agreed ninco cars. These would generally be the JGTC cars, plus a few others that might be agreed like the Audi R8. No chassis mods.

That would give us two nights of competitive racing. Shame is I think I'm talking us out of magnets unless the club class is the nascars.

#10 ·
time for me to get on the soap box

moslers nsr should be handicapped ????
i dont like the nsr porsches so any nsr car would be good in this class
all motors should have there labels on and if magnatraction then this should be handicapped ??
should have a budget class inc throttles so all the same

classes

slot it
gt40
open gt
nascars
1 class change every six months etc
at leaset have one mag class so the less expertise the novices have a chance
was getting really good in jgtc and just stated wining a few races then the plugs pulled on this class
also i think we need to vote in chairman etc maybe a mini agm if this is the case

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Dave

The label thing is difficult, I have worked on several cars where the motor & chassis has been soaked in oil which destroys the label adhesive...........Plus I bought NSR 3012 motors that came in NSR packets but had no labels, so what do you do in this situation.

Why handicap the people that use expensive controllers, I have limited movement & feel in both my hands and by using a controller with loadsa knobs means I can adjust it to suit what feeling I have. Or is this a way to show me the exit !

#12 ·
I would have suggested the current open to have magnets might solve a lot of problems but we did want to limit magnets due to the state of the braid on the track. I think all members need to talk about this, I will admit on Friday that I didn't know what all the fuss was about, but if members are unhappy it should be talked about. I did say Friday with ninco open that if it's decided to remove the ford gt (which was allowed at the start) that's ok with me and I have a lot to lose as I have set up about 3 of them, depending what is said and agreed I might not be able to race certain classes as it may mean I can't use all the parts I have invested in, obviously this is all up in the air so wait and see, would like to have this matter sorted for everyone at the club

#15 ·
I see Dave's point will admit I read it quickly and missed it, but personally find the throttle is a personal choice I have adapted my style to cope with that it isn't easy but for me I feel you should use a controller your happy with a lot use Parma not only there about £20 but the design is tried and tested, but feel its a drivers choice as there the ones using it

#16 ·
The fastest drivers dont use expensive throttles so you have to conclude that they really dont make that much of a difference in the limit. For that reason I would say on the subject of restricting throttles - I'm out! If it helps some drivers to get nearer to pace then thats only helping make racing closer

#17 ·
my idea was to have a budget class with all same controllers so we all start of the same nothing against other types etc we all use different motors wheels tyres braids etc i like the nascars so nothing against the controller you use syd just an idea we all had a vote before christmas and was agreed what we would do i was happy at some of the changes but you cant please everyone then now we want to change it again some short time later what for ??? i just wish we stick to it and stay on the same track for a while while the ideas and suggestions race away in peoples heads
i thought this topic was for discussions and ideas sorry if i have offended or put my foot in it as normally the case

#18 ·
You haven't Dave, everyone has their preference on throttles I wouldn't and not upset at all for other people to use different throttle's in Syd's case he needs to find one that's right for him which he has and shouldn't stop him from using it, personally don't think the throttle makes any difference it's the driver most members use parma's budget throttle £20 very few use the plus. In that case we mostly have throttles on a budget. I have a feeling may be Ken and Colin know better than me their were club throttles so it won't be an issue. As for classes the ninco open debate, what you find normally is changing a class normally leads to changes to others if the feelings is there is too many it's easier to drop them for a period or rotate them every other week, the cars aren't shelf queens they are there to race. The may be 3/4 or 6 month rota might be the answer as the cars will all get used during the year. I will state these are suggestions and opinion from my personal racing experience.

#19 ·
Actually, Dangerous, we have some club throttles that everyone could use, so we could easily do this.

What's yellow and dangerous? Dave in the outside lane

#22 ·
I am in agreement with 4 classes only over two weeks.

What I'd go for:

Ford gt - great racing
NSR Porsches - Good challenge to race these cars
Club classes - alternate each week as gives magnet lovers a chance to race something they like and plus close racing as cars are well prepared by syd

I like the slot it class but as I'm the only won who races one in open GT, I'd say open gt as the forth class, this week lots of different cars were competitive, kevs,mine,colin's,martins, my dads (5 different cars). If we have slot it are we going to ban slot it cars from open gt? I'm ok with this! Maybe swap this after the summer break! I think we should always change at least one class going into each new season.

I would personally drop open ninco as so much discussion on cars,rules, lots of grey areas etc on this class, seems a bit much to me for one class, I can't see everyone ever agreeing on this class.

I think we should have two seasons jan till beginging of summer and then after summer break until christmas, trophy for best overall driver over all 4 classes (best newcomer, move improved driver). Also last race of each season we have a rally night which we race the track in reverse.

Dave, I see your point with the throttles, I know we do this sometimes with the special rally nights we have with 6 throttles and cars and everyone uses what is on each lane at the podium. Apart from club classes, as most drivers like to use certain throttles I think it would be difficult to do this with the other classes, for me personally I use a 45ohm for some classes and 35ohm for others as I find 45ohm suits some of my cars and 35ohm suits others. In general I have no problem with any throttles that people want to use.

Discuss!!!

See you friday

#25 ·
Sounds like you want to go back to how it used to be Gary?

I'd say leave Ford GT & NSR Porsches as they are, Alternate the Club cars and open up GT to anything including scratchbuilds (with Slot-It HRS chassis), Obviously minus the RSJ's. Maybe call it Libre

Sorry but I lost interest in open ninco when the goal posts moved.

#26 ·
To be honest the only changes that are sensible at minimum disruption is to keep the club class but rotate it every other week, I think ford gt is great but allow the open cars in that class if members choose to use them, can't remember the rules off the top of my head but don't think there is too much difference. What ever is decided I feel we should have championship for a set period with trophy at the end of each also if problems occur with championships disscussions can be made at any time and action taken if it felt was needed, we have a good atmosphere at the club and the racing is very competitive so much so you can never really say who will definately win.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.