SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So - fantastic news! The long awaited Policar BRM P160 is at last available for pre order from Pendle. The picture looks as if it will be really good.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

But, for me, a bit frustrating! The first release is exactly the car I converted from a Scalextric a while ago! Now I need to decide whether to buy the Policar anyway, or wait until they release a white kit or at least a different car!
Mike
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
813 Posts
... y te han copiado hasta el número.
Yo prefiero el tuyo y no es alabanza. Si fuera el P160 rojo/blanco, diría que prefiero el mío.

... and they have copied you even the number.
I prefer yours and it is not praise. If it was the red/white P160, I'd say I prefer mine.

Salut
Frederic

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
So - fantastic news! The long awaited Policar BRM P160 is at last available for pre order from Pendle. The picture looks as if it will be really good.
View attachment 292795
But, for me, a bit frustrating! The first release is exactly the car I converted from a Scalextric a while ago! Now I need to decide whether to buy the Policar anyway, or wait until they release a white kit or at least a different car!
Mike
View attachment 292796
Same happen to me with the new Scaley Porsche Hybrid that I just did some months ago, and with the Ferrari driven by Gilles that’s coming from Policar in a few months, it’s the same Ferrari released by SRC years ago and I got that converted with a 3dp chasis and a Policar motor mount, perhaps I will buy it anyway and see which runs better (although I think that due to the low weight of Policar shells, it will be the Policar the winner).🙂

Ps. I just preordered mine since Policar Distribuitor here is bringing just 12 units, so I’m pretty sure that by the time I’m writing this , they are all gone.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Converted my scaley bro to a Marlboro version, so definitely getting a yardley, then hopefully a sports car nose Marlboro will be available later

·
Registered
813 Posts
Same happen to me with the new Scaley Porsche Hybrid that I just did some months ago, and with the Ferrari driven by Gilles that’s coming from Policar in a few months, it’s the same Ferrari released by SRC years ago and I got that converted with a 3dp chasis and a Policar motor mount, perhaps I will buy it anyway...
En mi colección, y considero "mi colección" solo los coches con algo o con mucho de S&B, hay varios que se han comercializado, pero sigo prefiriendo los míos. Han salido a partir de mis ideas, mis dudas, mis errores. Además, me han ayudado a llevar mejor mis problemas cotidianos como válvula de escape. Tienen mucho de mi.
¿Lo más fácil? comprar el coche. Curiosamente, un coche que alguien ha creado y esa persona, es de los míos.
Entre la gente que conozco es un opinión muy generalizada: Son nuestras criaturas, no tienen ni precio, ni comparación. Pero para saberlo, primero has de probar: "Si no pruebas, nunca sabrás si puedes hacerlo"

In my collection, and I consider "my collection" only cars with some or a lot of S&B, there are several that have been marketed, but I still prefer mine. They have come from my ideas, my doubts, my mistakes. In addition, they have helped me better cope with my daily problems as an escape valve. They have a lot of me.
The easiest? buy the car Interestingly, a car that someone has created and that person, is mine.
Among the people I know is a very general opinion: They are our creatures, they have no price, no comparison. But to find out, you first have to try: "If you don't try, you'll never know if you can do it"

Frederic

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will prefer Maurizio's version, ta.
I‘ve caved-in and pre-ordered the Policar! I still like my scratch-built conversion for the reasons Frederic mentions, but I think Pedro Rodriguez or Holden Ganley will get to try my older car if the Policar proves faster.

Converted my scaley bro to a Marlboro version, so definitely getting a yardley, then hopefully a sports car nose Marlboro will be available later
I like the green and silver Motul livery briefly seen in 1974 on the P160. I expect I’ll need a white kit for that, though!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
The marlboro 160 had the nose as modelled, a full width chisel nose and a full width sculpted nose.
Plenty of variation there for Maurizio.
I might even have seen it with front wing cheese wedges,as those fitted to the 312b2 at Silverstone 71, but can't remember if it's a fact or a figment of F1 historic imagination.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
but I think Pedro Rodriguez or Holden Ganley will get to try my older car if the Policar proves faster
I heard a special limited edition of the Rodriguez car is cooking, specially for the Mexican market, you didn’t heard it from me😉

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I thought the silver and green late models in motul livery looked good, shame the performance wasn't there.
Bad as it was it got worse though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts