SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Al F1 Cars are good to learn and develop fine driving, precisely because of the fragile condition of them 😉

·
Registered
23 Posts
A Villeneuve 126 C2 will always sell big time.
Very happy to see this being produced. Have the beautiful George Turner version but happy to see more.
Notice on the video that there are front wing options. Wonder if they will put out a single rear wing and not just the
Long Beach double 'disqualification' special.

Further to that I wonder if there will be a late season version with the revised body work
around the nose and front suspension (Pironi/Tambay/Andretti). Bit more involved than just putting on a new nose
like on their 312 Ickx/Reggazoni options but an option I guess.

Early days I know but will be getting my pre order in as soon as.

·
ParrotGod
8,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is another video from Maurizio:
You can see that there are three options (or maybe two) for the front of the car and Maurizio says also that there is a more tradition rear wing.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Far more exciting news are the BRM P160 😃 and the Ferrari 512M, which both look fantastic. When can I order them?
Really good to see this show happening, too. I can only dream of the U.K. opening up to international events.
Mike

·
ParrotGod
8,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To be honest with you I am also happy about the 512 which was announced a while ago.
As for the chapparal, why not the 2d? It has such more beautiful lines among the chapparal

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
As for the chapparal, why not the 2d? It has such more beautiful lines among the chapparal
I’m always excited to see 1960s/1970s era cars, so I didn’t want to be discouraging about the Chaparral 2F, but I completely agree the Chaparral 2D would have been a nice choice. Apart from the old Strombecker version and George Turner’s resin kits, I’m not aware of any 1/32 2D versions - certainly nothing of the calibre of Slot.It - whereas MRRC and Scalextric have both done good 2Fs. The 2F high wing isn’t very practical for a working slot car, either!
Mike

·
Autoavia
1,005 Posts
The Ferrari 126 C2 and the BRM both look great. Also really pleased to see the Jaguar XJR11 and that the later Porsche 962 with the pylon mounted rear wing is on the way. The Chaparral 2F is probably better known than the 2D because of that outrageous wing but I would have preferred a 2D as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The BRM and 512M look like winners. That Sunoco beast is iconic even to a 70's baby like me.
But I was also intrigued by the mention of more cars coming from the same era as the 126 C2....
Digressing but. Somebody please do a Lotus 91. From what I have read on here forum
I consider it a 'lost' model after the tragic loss of one of this community's leading lights a while back.

·
Registered
632 Posts
No es difícil de hacer. Hice un 87B (ex de Elio de Angelis), que es bastante parecido a partir de un Minardi M193.

It is not hard to do. I made an 87B (ex Elio de Angelis), which is quite similar from a Minardi M193.

Frederic

·
Premium Member
4,791 Posts
The 126 C2 was a very pretty car and 1982 was the prettiest year for F1 in my view but why on earth do we have to pander to this cult around Gilles' demise and end up with a photo of the remnants in Post #4? If Policar produced a Lotus 72 in Monza 1970 qualifying trim there would be outrage.

And if they did, nobody would post a picture saying: 'I hope the driver's feet are on back-to-front for authenticity' and post a picture of it.

I appreciate that this model is the Long Beach car, which was thrown out for being illegal because of that daft rear wing. It was also a race in which Gilles made several unforced errors... not his finest day's work... Why bother?

A few years ago, the late Jon Grainger produced a very nice kit of the 126 C2 carved by the late Martin Field and it got the same response. Everyone got all excited and 'oh, what a tragedy we lost Gilles... do you have the Belgian GP decals?' Jon later PM'd to ask me why I said I didn't want one, and to his credit, he 'got' it right away.

A 1981 Ferrari? Any day of the week, take my money and run. The 1983 car? Ditto. If it has to be a 1982 car, why the Ferrari? Why not make the Lotus 91 as it's far and away the prettiest F1 of all time. This is very disappointing from Policar, Slot.It and some forum members.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I do have an old Polistil/Policar Ferrari 126 C from way back when
but have to agree a new version would be a very good shout.
Said my piece on the Lotus 91.
83 Ferrari? Which would everyone go for. A C2b or a C3? As long as it is Tambay's 27 car I would be happy!
I know its all speculation and wish list stuff but surely someone relevant watches the posts, no?

·
Premium Member
4,791 Posts
I know its all speculation and wish list stuff but surely someone relevant watches the posts, no?
They do and they should, as Jon did, recognise that to some of us it's a tasteless car to choose.

Easy to see the practicalities of why... when you can't make endless liveries of F1 cars, the C2 does at least have more drivers (Gilles, Pironi, Tambay, Andretti), more variations (front wing on/off, rear wing single/double) from which to wring out the reissues. But it's forever associated with 1) running illegally, 2) Imola, 3) the death of Villeneuve, 4) the end of Pironi's career and 5) being the best F1 car not to win what it should have done as a result of points 1-4.

Reminds me of the Bill Hicks sketch about wearing a rifle pendant and walking up to Jackie Onassis to show it off saying: "Just thinking of John, baby... thinking of John... Pow!"

1 - 20 of 35 Posts