SlotForum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
David H
3,796 Posts
If it has to be a 1982 car, why the Ferrari? Why not make the Lotus 91 as it's far and away the prettiest F1 of all time. This is very disappointing from Policar, Slot.It and some forum members.
Oh dear. You're entitled to your opinion, you're entitled to be disgusted, but please, leave out the moral lecturing and let those who wish to enjoy history, warts and all, enjoy it.

If you don't like the car, don't buy it. If you're disappointed with Slot.It and Policar, boycott them. I don't need a lecture from someone who thinks he holds the moral high ground. I doubt that Slot.It or Policar do either.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Funny how no one says it’s in bad taste with such things as the sideways Capri in a rindt.livery or scalex Cerverts Tyrell ect,must just be ferrari drivers who deserve reverential treatment .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Guys.
Only my thoughts on this. I do think the picture in the early post touched a few nerves. Even I winced.
Don't think there is much wrong with a Villeneuve C2.
Was he an out and out winner? Not always.
Was he one of the hardest chargers out there in a car that wasn't all that cop. Yes.
Don't think there is much wrong in celebrating that.
Car in the Zolder Livery. No thanks.
Rindt Hockenheim 70 Lotus when won after racing Ickx so hard.. Yup. Monza livery. Nah.
Peterson Lotus 79 from Austria 78 wet weather master class?. Yup. Lotus 78 from Monza. Nope.
Some might suggest I am splitting a fine hair here but these were my racing heroes when I was a boy.
I cherish the memories of how they made me feel watching them race, and reflect on their sad loss.

Respectfully

Joe

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Mmm I never saw Villenueve racing, just whats available at YT and some ocasional programs on tv, anyway I have heard and read that if Senna didn't existed, his place would be ocupied by Gilles, so he should't have been a bad guy and pilot. I like his F1 Cars and the one being released anytime soon will be in my list. 🙂

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
When I posted that picture I didn’t know whose car it was ,was just looking for a pic of a shunted ferrari,and even if I had I would still have used it ,as you can’t change the fact it’s a 126 ferrari irrespective of who the driver may have been

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mmm I never saw Villenueve racing, just whats available at YT and some ocasional programs on tv, anyway I have heard and read that if Senna didn't existed, his place would be ocupied by Gilles, so he should't have been a bad guy and pilot. I like his F1 Cars and the one being released anytime soon will be in my list. 🙂
As someone old enough to remember this time I think to try and compare Villenueve to Senna is quite a stretch. A good driver but no Senna IMO but then I think Jim Clark was the best of the lot we all have are hero's. As for the cars from the 60's , 70's & 80's I am all for them unfortunately during that time safety was not high on the list, also we would have no Le Mans cars from that era as again to many drivers lost their lives. Regards Greg
PS best looking car for me JPS LOTUS 72

·
Registered
8,120 Posts
Since 1923 when the Le Mans 24 Hours began, just 22 drivers have lost their lives at the circuit. Each is a frightful tragedy, of course, but we must maintain a sense of perspective where safety is concerned.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Trisha, sorry I should have been a bit clearer I meant the category of car, regarding Le Mans I seem to remember 80 or so spectators being killed in the 50's, motor racing as we all know is dangerous.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Brands hatch 1980 watched Gilles try and get a decent time with the outclassed Ferrari, foot hard down, and the car trying to keep up with him. He was halfway down the field but drove like he was fighting for pole. We were sat on the approach the druids during the race. His engine gave out and he coasted to a stop at druids and walked back down the hill right in front of me, helmet in hand waving and smiling. My camera took that moment to not wind on😔. I definitely need a 126C2 Gilles car.

·
ParrotGod
8,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
People, it is just a toy car. Let's enjoy (if you like) this model and let's keep on topic.

·
Electric model car driver
1,418 Posts
I'm not a big fan of F1 but I could be quite tempted by this offering from Policar, as after a quick browse of photos on the 'net I find it rather easy on the eye.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
A very welcome release from Slot.it,but it definitely needs a running mate. I'm looking forward to the BRM more,though.
TED......

·
Phil Clayton
885 Posts
Well if we're talking contemporary cars to go with the 126 C2, might I suggest to the powers that be at Policar 😉
one, or more, of the following:
Brabham BT50
Osella FA1C
Arrows A4
Ligier JS19

Please, please, please make the Ligier, a marque so under-represented in slot-cars it borders on the criminal

·
ParrotGod
8,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Well if we're talking contemporary cars to go with the 126 C2, might I suggest to the powers that be at Policar 😉
one, or more, of the following:
Brabham BT50
Osella FA1C
Arrows A4
Ligier JS19

Please, please, please make the Ligier, a marque so under-represented in slot-cars it borders on the criminal
Not an expert but they all look nice and would make a very nice grid.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts