SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the Hawthorne Park Policar GP in November i've decided to convert a March by removing the side pods and front wings and add the small spoiler as Mario ran in this race.

In order to differentiate from the to works cars STP had Mario's car painted in day glo red as per their Indy cars of the year or before.

I believe htis is achievable with Tamiya flo red provided I don't gloss over it.

The historic photos cannot show this day glo colour in colour but wheen one sees the black and white photos one can see how much lighter the bodywork looks compared to the background of the STP decals which would otherwise match.....

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Guitar accessory Automotive design Font

Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design

Hand Hood Automotive lighting Bumper Vehicle door

Best wishes
Andi

Attachments

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I eagerly await the finished item. :)

·
Registered
2,045 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Andi, the great Mario himself would be proud of that model.

Reactions: longdog

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Undoubtably the car Policar should have made but this one has been done much better!
thumbsup.gif

Reactions: Grumpy Gaz

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
I would imagine that they will eventually release every 701 ever raced like they have with the Group C Slot it range.

David

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Bearing in mind that Policar make a Lucky Strike Lotus 72 as well as an Embassy liveried 72 from the South African F1 National Championship (during the apartheid era at that)

I bet all models sell well. As long as the alternative liberties are distinctive and pretty obscurity and politics should hardly be a problem.

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
The Slot it philosophy is based on appealing to the completist collector who has to have everything in the range whether they like the design or not.

NSR do the same with the awful range of Ford P68 fictitious liveries.

David

PS - I love that yellow and white March 701, I don't remember it back then although they had that colour scheme on a March 721

·
Bob Chapman
6,935 Posts
Andi it looks like you nailed the color.
Very nice build too.
Bob

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
What wouldn't be at all obscure is the 'works' entry for Jo Siffert which I don't think Policar have produced. Can you tell us why please Andi?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh well that's because it has the same livery as the first issue.
You see what we're trying to do is allow club and event racing with the minimum releases while we get started. Nobody wants to see a grid of 8 identical cars.
Given the huge investment we thought the Lotus and the March offer the widest range of colour schemes.
I'm sure we'll get to Siffert eventually...
Andi

1 - 20 of 20 Posts