SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I would like to hear about your first impressions of Policar track.
It's an upgrade from Artin surface wise.
Rails are more conductive and I have not had to use power taps as on Artin track 8X11.
Older cars had tire issues on Artin.
Spaces in track that everyone complains about don't seem to bother any car so far.
Wish I could have keep the old Artin also, but times are changing!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Impressed by the wiring of the policar base.
Thanks....temp for now.
Hoping someone has better fix. Old telephone test set clips to make sure I got the wiring straight. Turns out to be simpler than expected thanks to Policar download doc. on the P 018 controller banana adapter.

·
ParrotGod
9,277 Posts
Yes, the wiring is temporary, but the policar powerbase is able to support the three wires approach as in commercial tracks which is nice.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good advice on the boarders. Track is a Birthday gift. Hopefully Xmas present will be boarders. Ninco fence seems to work. Artin fences are tight fit.
Man those R1's are tight corners. Hairpin name is spot on.

·
ParrotGod
9,277 Posts
Yeah, R1 can be fun if used sparsely.
You should try to get some R3, R4 and R5 and make corners with combinations of radii.
I wish carrera did an R5 and an R0.

·
Greg Gaub
15,356 Posts
R1 aren't nearly as "bad" when you precede them with an R2, and maybe even an R3 before that. It's going straight into an R1 that is the most challenging, though I would suggest that a good layout have at least one such turn. A good layout has a variety of turns of different radii, but more importantly, different combinations of radii.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Power Problems on inside lane??????
Opened power base and found what I consider poor workmanship!!!!
Power board had bad solder connections, broken copper tape common between controller plugs and really thin jumper wiring to rails with cold joints????
Jumper the break on the board and replaced the skinny wires with heavy gauge wiring like Motor wires.
Without the common between the controllers, my Scorpious WAM on the broken board side went crazy driving a Scalextric Aston Martin Vantage GT3 - 2019 TF Sport British GT straight into the wall!!! Kudos to Scalextric for such a tough car ..No damage.......peace-out

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That was to my surprise after the test cars in inner lane hit the wall. I think the brake is positive and caused the WAM to power the car?? Policar controller worked but not sure if it was braking my cars?

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
That’s why I used my Ds Stop&Go box, and sold the original Policar power base, same with the controllers, I remember Greg pointed out in another post that the basic power base and controllers are more like “toys”, so the better you upgrade them the better you’ll enjoy your track.😉

1 - 20 of 26 Posts