·
Registered
2,045 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks guys.

News in from Sean at Pendles, this year we can have a room to ourselves. The seminar room that last year had the pits in will have our track. This will give us more space and closer pits.
Cheers
Andi

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Andi,

Entry please for Chris Aston (Wolves SCC) Poli Car RTR event (Sunday only). PayPal payment sent.

Regards, Chris

·
Registered
102 Posts
Andi, regarding the RTR rear track limit, wouldn't it be easier for the scrutineer(s) (and for consistency), rather than have to measure to the middle of the wheel or tyre, to have the rear track dimension as the max overall width? That is, convert the 50mm to an equivalent overall width (either wheel or tyre whichever is the greater).Quick measurement of my L72C got about 62mm overall for a 50mm track.

Only a thought,

Phil.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Andi, regarding the RTR rear track limit, wouldn't it be easier for the scrutineer(s) (and for consistency), rather than have to measure to the middle of the wheel or tyre, to have the rear track dimension as the max overall width? That is, convert the 50mm to an equivalent overall width (either wheel or tyre whichever is the greater).Quick measurement of my L72C got about 62mm overall for a 50mm track.
Only a thought,
Phil.
Yes, Phil, sounds sensible. 62mm o/a width sounds about right. I'll have me calipers with me.....
Andi

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
2019 entry list update

Rtr
1. Matt Tucker PAID 19.12
2. James Noake
3. Andy Player PAID
4. Paul Wooding PAID
5. Alan Wilkinson PAID
6. Martyn John PAID
7. Peter Hartmann PAID
8. Roy Knowles
9. Toby Knowles
10. Matthew Knowles
11. David Farrow PAID 10
12. John Underwood
13. Wayne Goble
14. Phil Giddings PAID
15. **** Kerr PAID
16. Rob Kerr PAID
17. Mark Long PAID
18. Chris Aston PAID
19. Graham Edwards PAID
20. Alexis Gaetanis
21. Ashley Evans

Cscra
1. Matt Tucker PAID
2. Andy Player PAID
3. Paul Wooding PAID
4. Alan Wilkinson PAID
5. Peter Hartmann PAID
6. John Underwood
7. Phil Giddings PAID
8. Graham Edwards PAID
9. Alexis Gaetanis

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi Andy,

Putting my cheque in the post to you tomorrow - great weekend last year and seems that your 2019 event will be even better - great idea to allow CSCRA based cars on Saturday - so please put me down for both days.

Cheers

Pete Crane

·
Alan Wilkinson
1,091 Posts
Andi,
I'd like to make a suggestion for a rule change for the policar event.
I'm prepared to be shot down in flames but I'm quite thick skinned, So fire away.

Policar's gearbox has three axles available with three different ratios.
The gearbox is enclosed, so inspection without some level of disassembly is not possible.
I did not see any cars at 2018 policar champs have their gearboxes inspected although the rules state that the factory fitted ratio is the only one permitted.

Pragmatically, will you have the time or inclination to check gearbox ratios at the event, even for a subsection of the entrants?
Permitting any of the three axles to be used removes the requirement to check the gearbox ratios so scrutineering will be easier.
I'm always in favour of rules that can be enforced....
AlanW

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Alan
All three axles are permitted.
You are quite right the rules state they are not since it the car should be standard but TBH I just forgot people might want to run the other ratios.
So, all ratios allowed folks!
Andi

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
If its a standard RTR class for the Sunday why allow gearing changes ?

The modifications allowed (rear alloys, lead wire, braids and weight) are not performance based only to make them run smoother.

Also the weight should only be inside the chassis/body. Don't think anyone will be to happy having a de-slot due to someone elses weight falling off !

I dont think anyone last year cheated with replacing the rear axle ratio?

I can bring a rolling road so that the cars can be checked without the removal of the bodies if required.

We don't know what the track layout is going to be yet. So how do you know whether to go longer or shorter grearing ?

I'm happy for people to run with the different size axle gear on the Saturday with the CSCRA class as these are modified anyway

John

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
We don't know what the track layout is going to be yet. So how do you know whether to go longer or shorter grearing ?

John
Exactly John, sort of answers its own question doesn't it?

Andi

21 - 40 of 117 Posts