SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just been watching World's Scariest Police Videos on channel 5
and I was thinking that, especially with the Starsky & Hutch cashing in, should there be some police cars released? Scaley used to have the SD1 Rover and Sierra cars (there's a new Focus too), but what about some of the US stuff? Come on Carrera how about some Police Trans Ams etc.

Back to good ol Sherriff John Bunnell (Ret.) I don't know why , but he really gets on my wick. He's probably a nice guy, so maybe it's the cheesy script delivery
If you've seen the program you'll know what I mean

Anyway during one chase pursuing a drunk driver in Oklahoma (spelling?) Sherriff Bunnell said that Public Intoxication is an offence so the passenger, if drunk could go to the big house too!

Public Intoxication...what a brilliant revenue earner for UK police. Just send the riot vans into town centres and fine/imprison all the drunken revellers...SHOW ME THE MONEY!
No need for speeding fines or gatso's!

Hmm... 1/32 GATSOs now that could be a laugh, complete with double flash Xenon bulb
. Once the car exceeds the speed limit on the track, power is enabled on the police cruisers' lane. The cruiser then gives chase and once the cruiser has passed, or maybe lapped the civvy car, then power to the "criminal's" lane is chopped...

Maybe I should work for a slot car manufacturer?

Mark.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Interesting idea Mark.

That would work with the new Scalextric Sport World. The system has an arcade mode and also has independent control over the lanes. It could determine speed of one and send off a car on the other. Ideas for Scaley perhaps...

·
Jim Moyes
5,074 Posts
QUOTE (Difflock @ 29 Mar 2004, 00:06)Come on Carrera how about some Police Trans Ams etc.
They have just done a "cruiser" and "baddie" limited edition pair. But I think they are only available in Germany

j-c brought some to Farnham recently. Pale blue & white Charger Patrol Car and a baddie car- with bullet holes- which I can't seem to remember, model wise!

How about some pics for the nice folks, j-c?

Thomas may be able to help with more info- in fact he may have already told us about them. Thomas?

Mr.M

·
Registered
420 Posts
yes you are right - carrera had made a very limited pair of cars for a toy chain called something like 'spiel und idee' (my memory might be wrong here) and I think that the 'gangster-car' was a blue GTO with bullet wholes on the side and the police car was a plymouth roadrunner...
They were indeed very nice. I tried to order them from one of the shops in germany - but they seem to have sold out very quickly - after all carrera had made less than 1000 of them....

//peter

·
Jamie Coles
515 Posts
Mr M - I can provide the cars if someone can take the pics -
Thomas has mentioned these before but I can't remember the thread.
The Toy shop was called Idee und Spiel - a rough translation means think and play - a little like the Early Learning Center shops we have - but obviously also includes electricty. What fun!

There were 888 of one car and 999 of the other car produced and eBay has had them at about £120 each in some cases - they are ppular in the USA.

So - brand new mint pair - any offers!!? (No wrong thread!)

Hopefully some pics might be posted soon.

On a different subject has anyone used those new "shockwave" controllers? Great idea getting feedback from the car. I presume that they use a similar sort of technology as the Playstation controllers.

Jamie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts