SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
On Saturday 12th May my main digital track will be set up at Northants Police Force open day.

Force Open Day

I have 3 x Police RangeRover, 3 x Police Subaru & 1 x Police Focus for the digital track and will have some transits as well.

If anyone has other Police (or other emergency services) vehicles or scenics I could borrow or buy (at reasonable prices) or if anyone has ideas that could be useful for the event I would be most grateful.

If anyone is a dab hand at making up decals for the transits (Northants Police livery) or has ideas for riot shields for the windscreens please let me know.

Also if anyone would like to come along to the event it is all free!

There aren't many details available yet as the main publicity starts in the next week or two.

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
Hi Simon, if you were running analogue some drift cars could be fun...

Cheers,
Richard

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Chris ...... what version is that? I have lost track of where we are with this project ....

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Hi Greg,

It wasn't an official release, and I haven't got it as I was APBless at the time, but a while ago Rich mentioned something about a bug he'd found and he thought he had found the problem but it wasn't completely ready, but he would send something if anyone wanted to test it.

Chris

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Thames Valley's Finest also have one like that ......... is this your tractor, Sir?

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for your interest guys.

The day went well, lot's of happy kids, parents & police officers.

Thank you very much to Richard for all your help & display!

We will post some pictures here soon.

I did upgrade to Display Pro v 2.6f but had no time to test beforehand so when I couldn't get it to work just reverted to v2.6e. I don't know if there was a problem with the new release I just didn't have time to investigate.

I love DisplayPro - it is sooooooo clear & simple to use. From ending one race to starting the next is two button presses. To ID a car at anytime just press down, across to the colour/number you want and enter - that's it!

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
Simon's got a fantastic set up, well thought out and easy to use, and it was a real joy to see how much fun the kids (all ages) were having.
It was also surprising just how much interest there is in digital from the Dads and Grandads who had Scalextric when they were younger, and nice seeing their faces light up when they realise you can change lanes, overtake and block, all on a 2 lane track.
The track and cars really take a pounding, and it's interesting to see that the kind of issues that are a minor inconvenience at home have the potential to become a major disruption at an event like this.
You really get to see what is bomb proof, and what isn't but probably should be!
Anyway, here's a selection of photos:

Cheers,
Richard

1 - 20 of 23 Posts