SlotForum banner

Polycar modern F1 kit

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  GRUNZ 
#1 ·
This has been sitting on my desk as I wanted to finsh the details with my Scaleauto F1 kit 1st. Took it out today, and put it together. I comes with two chassis, one that can take a chip, and one that can't. I didn't change that out, but may in the future as I only run analoge now. No magnet so out of the box with a basic setup it's was pretty tail happy. The only real issue I had setting it up was getting the front axle low enough for the tires to just touch, finally got that at least close. it ran pretty smooth, and after some tire work statred to run pretty nice. The more I ran it the better it got. Stayed with the factory tires for now, but I have a Paul Gage set to try next. Small tweak that helped other then tire work was loosing the body screws really helped. Not a big modern F1 guy, but the more I ran it the more I liked it. :unsure: Waiting on decals now, anybody else running one?
Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Green

See less See more
#2 ·
There’s a whole thread you might want to read mate 😉

Cheers

#4 ·
I bought one of these to run on the Electric Dreams wood track while I was on vacation in California. Not the fastest car in the world, but very smooth and predictable - great for learning the track.

I bought a set of the softer Policar G25 tyres in the shop and they made a big difference compared with the hard C1 tyres the car came with. Electric Dreams kindly allowed me to do quite a lot of laps and the car got better and better as the gearbox and motor began to get ‘run in’. It has the newer bevelled gears and I’ve so far had no trouble with the pinion slipping (unlike my Policar BRM………).

Back home, the car runs nicely on my short Policar home track. It’s much longer and heavier than my classic Policars, though (65 grammes versus about 50 grammes), which makes it feel clumsy in comparison on the corners. Lap times aren’t quite as fast as my best classics, but a faster motor would probably fix that!

Hope you enjoy yours!

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.