SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Jim Moyes
6,521 Posts
No, you were right Stoner, channelling is dropping the body over the chassis. Sectioning is cutting a slice out of the body but is very rare.

· Jim Moyes
6,521 Posts
That orange Pop in the photo is absolutely gorgeous - it looks soooooo right! I'm not a fan of chopped Pops, it doesn't seem to suit them in my opinion. Not like on a '32 3-window.

I was building a Pop on a TR4 chassis while I was still at school. It even got a picture in a '76 Hot Car article on the club I belonged to back then. I never finished it, because I got sidetracked by a Prefect that I fitted Cortina GT running gear to. I did finish that one and drove it round on L-plates before I passed my test.

Back then I would rather have had Pinball Wizard (a Pop) or Hot'n'Bothered (A Fordson 5cwt Van based on the Pop) than the latest Porsche or Ferrari if I'd been given the choice! But I never was! Sigh!

Now I've got "PUF", the car in my avatar, a '55 Standard 8 with a mixture of Spitfire 1500 and Dolomite running gear just to keep the nostalgia trip going. The bug never leaves you, as Martin is perfect proof of!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.