SlotForum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Good morning guys!

Here is another car I've built for the Shelby Revival here in last Dec 3rd.

This is a MRRC spare body kit with a scratchbuilt brass chassis:

The car reproduces the Porsche 910 used by Brazilian team Hollywood, driven to the victory in Tarumã 1971by Lian Abreu Duarte.

As you can see, I replaced the MRRC wheels by the correct 13, which equipped the real car, but used the original MRRC inserts.

I made an option to adopt an anglewinder configuration, in order to keep the setup as low as possible: (sorry for the poor quality picture..

Motor is the one provided by the great Al from BWA, and the transmission is a Pitch 80 gear/pinion.

Hope you enjoy the pictures above and below:)

Cheers!!

Ricardo Bifulco

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
A very tidy chassis topped by another flawlessly finished body. Superb presentation Ricardo!

May I ask - for your clear top coat - what finish are you using? Matte, semi-matte, or gloss? And are you then polishing the clear top coat? It looks great!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hi guys! Thank you for your kind comments!

Hi Pete, the car runs gently around the track, however, I think that gear ratio is too short for the motor, considering that it is a pitch 80. I was concerned about the brakes, once these slimline usually have less braking effect compared to other motors. Now, I will test the MRRC original motor with the same kind of gear ratio. Althought the motor is stronger, I think that this pitch 80 will meet the needs.

Hi Thairacer! I used for this car an acrylic automotive clear (4 coats) gloss. Yes I polished the body allover in the next day of last coat. The decals were coated prior being applied (using on them same acrylic automotive varnish).

I usually do not put decals in the car and varnish everything at same time, cause to me (it is just my point of view, ok?) , real 1:1 cars, with rare exception, do not run with everything coated
. I just apply one or 2 coats of varnish on the decal before using, just to give a little bit of strenght and avoid they fade.

Cheers!

Ricardo Bifulco

·
Registered
95 Posts
Very nicely built porsche 910
So it's a car that was a race in Brazil in 1971?
It remains today in Brazil and has left the country
Today?

with best regards
Christer in Sweden.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Christer! This car was owned by Brazilian team Hollywood. It run until the end of 1972. In 1973, there were made many changes in the rules of sportscars championships here, which basically "banned" most of these wonderful machines from our tracks. I made a query a couple of years ago, and discovered that this car has been sold and it is currently restored in US, however, they did not preserve the this beaultiful colour scheme, they repainted the car in a mettalic pale green...

Hi Boomerang! I use Raw umber oil colour #35 from Winton diluted to give this look at the panels and inside the junctions.

After applying the "semi washed paint", I use a cotton on a toothpick or cotton swabs to clean the excess and give the weathering look desired.

I've added some new pictures and some of the original car for you all.

Great Olivier:)

Here you can see the picture of the car during this race in 1971: (extracted from Revista Quatro Rodas arquivo digital)

This is a later version, please note that extra stripes were added and headlights were covered. (this picture belongs to the great photograph files of Rogerio P.D. Luz. I recommend his link which may give you a good idea about the sport, touring and formula cars which raced in Brazil during the 70's) http://www.imagensdaluz.com/id134.html

Another shot of Rogerio P D Luz

Cheers!

Ricardo Bifulco

1 - 13 of 13 Posts